New VST plugin for OSX and WinXP: "Pinky VST"

For discussion on the topic of Ms Pinky's "Pinky VST" plugin
bitfunk

Post by bitfunk » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:22 am

yeah looks great.. interesetd in the above re: looping and cue points

are we talking 1/2/4/8 (etc) bar loops within a track ? being able to set them on the fly while mixing and all that jazz (A La: Richi Hawtin)

I'd be one very happy bunny

exciting!!
bitfunk

Post by bitfunk » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:54 pm

tell you what would also be great would be to have a sortable folder i.e. by name, date modified or what have you

mmmm nice
4ace

Post by 4ace » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:21 pm

BIG +1 on ALL of those features PLEASE!!

Lovin' the Pinky VST
iMac duo core 2.0 ghz 512 Mb OS X.4.7

MOTU Ultralite
sampleboy

Post by sampleboy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:35 pm

*wow*
pureetsimple

Post by pureetsimple » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:02 pm

I personnally need tthe possibility to control scratch (...) with midi controller with jogg wheels (like my vestax VCI-). This should be great to use turtables on ableton Live !!!
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:13 pm

Include midi out...

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
pureetsimple

Post by pureetsimple » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:22 pm

sorry but I don't understand your answer.
What I need is to midi map the virtual vinyl control of MS Pinky in Ableton Live in order to control ms pinky with the vestax instead of turntable. Is it possible ? If not, I think that ms pinky should had this possibily urgently, this is really easy and important option for all DJs that use more than 2 turntables and need to have sometime other oslution than vinyl control !
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:26 pm

There is a lot of soultions in the market doing that you need. Why do you need Ms Pinky? it is usefull but if you want to scratching inside ableton live map your vci as scrubber (I don't know if it is possible but will be in the near future believe) because your vci is midi out capable you don't need to do pinky vst controllable trought midi is preferible do Ableton Scrubbing midi mapeable... and Ms pinky vst send midi out (from vinyl vector velocity audio signal).

Do you understand me?

Mudo means mute person.

pureetsimple

Post by pureetsimple » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:18 pm

Well,

I can do that obviously, that's what I do know. But I think that using mspinky for the tempo control is easier, I don't really like the fact that your tempo is `fixed` on Live, I prefer having the same controle of tempo as turntable.... humm but maybe with 4 turntables it is not that easy. I have to test better.
The other thing is that I prefer te mspinky brownser for DJing.
But well you are right it is not something I really need.
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:10 pm

For tempo controlling you may purchase a mixer with audio2bpm clock generator and put the outs of your soundacard into it and ableton as slave.
In this way you could control live tempo with audio bpm.

The browser is another question but with vci midi control is easiest as vinyl control.

It could be great that pinky vst include a lot of features (like deckadance or torq ones) but the Ms is different of all these rudeboys and plays in so different ways.

;)

I cheer you to implement these features yourself because there are the sdk waiting for new develops.

Mudo means mute person.

pureetsimple

Post by pureetsimple » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:23 pm

I really would like ot developp that by myself but ... I don t know nothing about coding, and actually I prefer spending time for music than for software dev. I don t think that ms pinky as to do the same as others but this feature is quite important I think. You can<t play everytime with turnatble and don t want to chage the whole config at each gig, so I think it should be cool to have more possibilities with midi control.

And personnally I don t really understand how to use my vci direct in LAbleton Live. The joggle control is diffiult to map and doesn<t allow scratch ...
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:19 pm

Don't worry Purest seems like scott is giving midi in and out capabilities...

contiue sharing ideas and try to learn some "basics" to make the search and develops more easy (I'm doing just this to help Scott to develop midi in and midi out)

;)

Mudo means mute person.

pureetsimple

Post by pureetsimple » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:16 pm

I would love to learn more basics and even advanced stuff to programm, but I definitly have no time :
I m working as an environement engineer, have pratice with my bands quite everydays, and tent to spend some time with my girlfriends or practicing some hot riff and technics on my guitar ! Not even have time to complete my last electronic prod.
Well and still have some implication as a kind of dancer, somme DJ gig ... But for sure I can test the beta and suggest improvments !
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:12 pm

I'm at one step to midify my mixer for video and it took me near 5 years.

step by step...

Now I could help Scott (and everybody who wants to learn) with my basic knowledge.

Don't limit yourself... my friend but start advicing!

;)

Mudo means mute person.

pureetsimple

Post by pureetsimple » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:11 pm

I m not really limitinmg myself, I just have other priorities to developp before !
But If you have any reference, books or whatever that introduce well and quiclky the subject please let me know ...