good freeware vst player

For discussion on the topic of Ms Pinky's "Pinky VST" plugin
sampleboy
good freeware vst player

Post by sampleboy » Sat May 17, 2008 2:24 pm

i am looking for good freeware vst player that runs two pinky vst together.
i found several programms, but either they display only one pinky vst or it works instabile with no acceptable soundtranfer.
in my opinion is savihost with his standalone solution a good idea, but doesn´t work with my mspinky.

some ideas?
sampleboy

Post by sampleboy » Mon May 19, 2008 8:44 pm

ok, i got it in vsthost loaded. now, i just want to get it working with savihost as standalone.
it would be nice if someon knows other hosters.
Last edited by sampleboy on Mon May 19, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sampleboy

Post by sampleboy » Mon May 19, 2008 9:16 pm

now i got pinkyvst in savihost as a standalone application worked. but the appeared problem is, that the asio-driver apparently is only usable by one application. any ideas how to solve the problem? to get two standalone vsts using the same driver?

*and for the programmers, there is also a bug in: sometimes won´t the player play even though play was pressed.
sec-def

Post by sec-def » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:27 pm

download the free le version of any daw.
this should be enough, it won't have all the features but it will let you play
sevrel instances and vsts.
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:51 am

http://www.aodix.com/pageaodixv4.html

I use this if I'm using the vst.

To get vst to work u need to set vst directory in aodix settings and in the patch mode add two instances of the vst and patch them to the sound card. Maybe I'm making sound complicated but it is easy enough. There's a good help file of u get stuck on how to add vsts.

I hope that helps u, good luck :)

EDIT: I removed my comment about the VST not being as good as MAXI-PATCH, I didn't realize the VST has been updated again, YAY!
September 24, 2010 -- "Pinky VST" version 2.0 is released. Ms Pinky's VST plugin now features the ability to set and store up to 16 loop and cue points for each audio file that is played. Also included in this version is an improved zoomable waveform display.