Serato SL3 + ms pinky

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
marc
Serato SL3 + ms pinky

Post by marc » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Hello,

I've search all over the net to see if i could find my answer but no luck yet!

I just bought Serato sl3 (very happy) and im looking at the Ms Pinky system. i'd quite like to mess around and see what results i can get out of it using Max/msp/jitter, but i dont know if the sl3 hardware or Searto time-coded vinyl will be recognized by Ms pinky?
Does anyone know if Ms Pinky will work with Serato time-coded vinlys or the Sl3 box??
any help would be very much appreciated!!
cheers marc
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:54 am

Ms Pinky software will definitely NOT work with Serato vinyl.

I've heard there are some ASIO drivers for the SL3 box that could enable it to be used as the audio input device for Ms Pinky software. You'll need to verify that yourself.
marc

Post by marc » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:18 am

cheers thanks for the heads up!

Ok so the m-audio torq control vinyl would be better suited? or possibly a Native Instruments Traktor Scratch Vinyl? mixvibes vinyl?

i have a Stanton Final scratch 2.0 system aswell, i read somewhere on the forum that it works well with that so ill give that a go once i get ms pinky n my vinyls sorted!
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:57 am

The only vinyl that works with Ms Pinky software is Ms Pinky's vinyl, and Torq. No other types of vinyl will work.
marc

Post by marc » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:11 am

awesome thanks! ms pinky wont send me the vinyl as i live tooo faraway!!?!??
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:28 am

We can ship almost anywhere. Where is "too far away"?

BTW-- if you just recently tried to place an order on the shopping cart, the shipping calculator was malfunctioning, and it may not have worked for you. We have a fix in place now.
Ezmyrelda

Post by Ezmyrelda » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:12 am

Rumor is; Because the contract between Rane and Serato is running out soon there will be open drivers available sometime in the future. This is good because you would be able to use Ms.Pinky vinyl and a software like Deckadance with a compatible Rane mixer or scratchbox.

As far as I can tell though there are no drivers available currently and it might be quite a wait before they are done.