RME RPM

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
specs |__|
RME RPM

Post by specs |__| » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:38 pm

I am switching from my maya44 usb/rolls preamps and I would like to know people's experience with the RPM from RME. Looks like its the best card for mspinky for the following factors:

-Zero cpu usage, is this really true? So if I have nothing running but maxi-patch I will have 100% cpu available?

-Clean setup, my laptop and the card and that's it. Also nice for pwer issues since sometimes its a hassle at clubs.

-Latency is minimum due to it being firewire and not usb. Actually the carbdus system must help this also, am I right?

Why not go out and buy it?

-Am considering the alcatech digiscratch since its the same card (rpm) but like so I'll get the records and software included. I found the rme for 666É and the digiscratch system for 699É so they're almost the same price.

-The Rme's outputs are not similar. It has one pair of balanced outs as trs jacks and the other pair as rca phono. Are the rca outs balanced also? would be nicer if both are balanced and trs/rca rather than different connections.

Thanks for the help!

specs|__|
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

the RPM rocks

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:02 pm

I have the RME RPM and have been using it quite a lot for over a year now. The sound quality is unparalleled, latency is super low, and the convenience of having the phono preamps built-in makes it the perfect audio converter for MsPinky. It does seem a bit pricey for what you're getting, though. And the PCMCIA connector is very fragile.

I always use the RCA outs for both stereo output pairs.
danny_bar

Post by danny_bar » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:42 pm

I can defently echo this.

I always say - if you plan to use it as a soundcard as well and not just as an interface for this application then you get a good value for your money.

buttom line - I am very satisfied.
c0rey

Post by c0rey » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:58 am

I use the RME Hammerfall Multiface and I too have been nothing but competely happy with it. RME makes great interfaces, period.

C
Mrq

RME Card Bus with normal Firewire cable connection!

Post by Mrq » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:29 pm

Hi there,

I have just seen a RME Card Bus with a normal FireWire connection (I saw it at the RME website), meening you can use an ordinairy Firewire cable to hook up. Does anyone have any experiance using this Card Bus? It seems less fragile than the connection used with the flat (I believe original) version.

Greetz, Mark