final scratch 2 amp and asio

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
H
final scratch 2 amp and asio

Post by H » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:04 pm

I'm thinking of buying the FS2, I know it's kinda shitty and what not, but I have my reasons for buying it.

just wondering if it shows up in ms pinky as an asio soundcard?

also, can you switch back and forth between FS2 and ms.pinky without having to rollback drivers like the old fs1 scratchamp?

thanks in advance to any answers!
two_masks

Post by two_masks » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:44 pm

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=142

Both DJOne and I are successfully using the FS2 amp with MsPinky. As he mentions, with the current version of Max/MSP that MsPinky is built with you won't be able to mess with the ASIO settings from within the app, but that really hasn't been any bother for me.

The FS2 amp is really a surprisingly good soundcard for this application. Hope this helps.
djone37

Post by djone37 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:51 am

two_masks wrote:Take a look at this thread:

http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=142

Both DJOne and I are successfully using the FS2 amp with MsPinky. As he mentions, with the current version of Max/MSP that MsPinky is built with you won't be able to mess with the ASIO settings from within the app, but that really hasn't been any bother for me.

The FS2 amp is really a surprisingly good soundcard for this application. Hope this helps.

I even use FS2 on 2 decks and I use the AUX in and headphones out with ms pinky as a third deck. I use the Maxi-patch Audio only version to save a bit of cpu, but it works all good.
H

Post by H » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:09 pm

thanks for the replies guys (or girls?)! Glad to hear everything works ok with ms.pinky!

so, basically the FS2 soundcard works just like any asio soundcard? so it would work in ableton live, ms.pinky, ect.... ?

and also you can switch back and forth between traktor dj studio (with vinyl control) and any asio sound program?

I ask this because I'd like to have one dedicated soundcard and use ms.pinky for video shows and traktor studio for just playing tracks while on tour. but wasn't sure if I could switch back and forth between programs without causing issues in drivers and such.

thanks!
djone37

Post by djone37 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:23 pm

H wrote:thanks for the replies guys (or girls?)! Glad to hear everything works ok with ms.pinky!

so, basically the FS2 soundcard works just like any asio soundcard? so it would work in ableton live, ms.pinky, ect.... ?

and also you can switch back and forth between traktor dj studio (with vinyl control) and any asio sound program?

I ask this because I'd like to have one dedicated soundcard and use ms.pinky for video shows and traktor studio for just playing tracks while on tour. but wasn't sure if I could switch back and forth between programs without causing issues in drivers and such.

thanks!

I haven't tested it in PC but on MAC I can do all of what you stated using the CoreAudio drivers. The only problem I noticed was the screen in TDJS2.62 got a bit jittery.

You can check out me on the NI forums as mexicannnnnn. I give a tutorial on how to set up 3 decks with the pink and fs2/tdjs.