PLEASE HELP

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
hypermow
PLEASE HELP

Post by hypermow » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:55 pm

The Maya 44 MKII is no longer available in North america as they are "rebranding " the entire line

I've had the pink vynil sittin here collecting dust goin on 3 weeks now. I really want a PCI interface withouta breakout box for a permanent install situation.

Maybe somebody could make a sticky post of what worls and what doesen't (just a thought)

I wanna order something this week because this system has to be ready to rock and roll fot the 1st weekend of sept. Also this is going on a PC for use with the Audio only interface.

Please help Me.....................
c0rey

Post by c0rey » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:15 pm

Here's an option if you really want to avoid a breakout box but not sacrifice audio quality and overall flexibility:

http://www.rme-audio.com/english/hdsp/hdsp9632.htm

I haven't used that exact system, but I do use an RME Hammerfall Multiface (which is a breakout box) and I LOVE it. I can't recommend RME highly enough. They aren't cheap, but I'm so glad I finally just saved up and bought one. If I had done it before trying to save money on cheaper interfaces, I would have saved money in the long-run. It's truly the best sounding interface you can touch for its price, and it's easy to setup and use.

On a side note, have you compared djDecks to the Audio-Only Maxi-Patch? It'll work with your Ms. Pinky wax, and it's a little more customizable. You can try it out for free, and the registered version is only $30. The forums there will tell you everything you need to know to make it work the way you want it to, and you'll find a lot more info about interfaces, etc. there. It turned my Ms. Pinky vinyl from dustcovers into my favorite kind of vinyl to use to control audio, although it supports all other kinds of timecoded vinyl too.

C