Just Got Ms Pinky~Opinions, Feedback, etc.

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
Miss World
Just Got Ms Pinky~Opinions, Feedback, etc.

Post by Miss World » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:40 pm

Hi Guys,

My friend showed me Serato at a club and I fell in love with it immediately. I decided to go with Ms Pinky instead because it's a hell of a lot cheaper than Final Scratch 2.0 or Serato. My problem is this:

After reading the forum it seems like the audio converter that you choose has a lot to do with the performance of the software. I'll mainly be using it for traditional djing-cueing up, beatmatching, maybe some beat juggling, etc. Am I wrong or will I have to spend at least another $300+ for a good audio interface. (Maya 44 is currently being discontinued)

If that price point is true, then in the end I will have spent roughly the same amount on Ms Pinky as I would buying the all in one Serato Scratch Live package (which I could get for $475) whose interface I really like.

Any opinions or suggestions?

Thanks!
djone37

Post by djone37 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:47 pm

There are many sound cards that work. Just make sure it has:

1) ASIO or CoreAudio drivers

2) At least 2 channels in and 2 channels out.. unless you want to run both decks from 1 turntable.

3) You will need a pre-amp if the soundcard doesnt come with one.
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:41 pm

buying ms pinky you can mix video files... How much cost the video adapter for serato??? :lol:

Do you understand me???

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms