Some ADVICE PLEEEEZZE!!!

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
tha_brat
Some ADVICE PLEEEEZZE!!!

Post by tha_brat » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:45 am

Hi - apologies in advance for retreading some old ground on some of my questions, but i just want to be certain before i go out and buy my ms pinkys set up!

I am running: AMD2400 + 512RAM + internal sound card +WINXP Pro and have 1200 Mk2s + ShureM44-7s with a Denon DNX100 2 channel mixer.

I will buy ms pinkys with an U46DJ to keep the costs down.

Requirements: I mix drum n bass and never for longer than about 2 hours at a time and don't really scratch that much.

1. Will buying a new soundcard for my pc improve the sound quality of my mspinkys set up + which do you recommend?

2. Will converting my mp3s to .wav format be beneficial when running ms. pinkys?

3.djdecks sounds like the best software available but from what i have read it doesn't seem that reliable ( i don't wanna buy all this stuff then have it keep crashing on me!) - whats the verdict?

Thanks in advance - :D
afreek1000

Post by afreek1000 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:02 pm

1. No the sound quality is dependent on the external sound card (in your case the U46DJ) that will interface w/ turntables,mixer & computer.

Anything that has specs. of 24-bit/96kHz or higher will give great sound quality. I believe the U46DJ meets those requirements.If you are using this setup on a desktop only, I would suggest going for the M Audio Delta 44.(the one I use)

This is a PCI interface (so won't work with laptops)the advantage is you can get the soundcard lanency down to about 2ms-not possible on USB interface.Also quite cheap check Ebay.

2. I haven't seen much of a difference, as long as the bit rate is of good quality (at least 192kbs or higher). Storage is the bigger concern since WAV is uncompressed therfore requires more MB per file. I use a mixture of both works fine, I wouldn't wast the time converting all mp3 to WAV.

3. About 3 months ago I would have agreed with you, but on a hunch I decieded to give DjDecks another chance. Let me tell you ...Kicks ass, and stable as hell. Not to mention compaired to MsPinky, the sound quality

is light years beyond(sorry pinkstah...but I think you got some work to do on that end).

Adion, Djdecks program developer, constantly puts out new beta builds(at least once a week)for testing and the product just keeps getting better and better.I've been using it for about a month now and it has not crashed once.

To add to that, the GUI(graphical user interface) is very friendly, they are also skinnable/ costomizable.The advantage to that is you can remove/add alot of clutter tailored to your needs, or download somebody elses skin.

Mspinky does make a very fine time coded vinyl(the most stable in my opinion) and fortunatly Djdecks has a plugin that lets you use the generation 1,2,& 3 MsPinky vinyl

So I hope this helps, and remmber this is only my opinion..........AFR33K
tha_brat

Post by tha_brat » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:16 pm

thanks very much for the response - peace - thabrat