U46DJ + MS. PINKY vs. SERATO

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
hatchmatik
U46DJ + MS. PINKY vs. SERATO

Post by hatchmatik » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:14 pm

im using an old maya44 and im thinking of upgrading to the u46dj but im not sure if it will be able to provide good enough results to warrant not just buying serato. of course ms. pinky is much more versatile for video and max/msp but for this specific purpose of playing music portability etc....anyone have any insight??? :shock:
specs |__|

Post by specs |__| » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:45 am

I'm in the same position and after many disappointments and research I'm going for the following:

-keeping mspinky vinyl and keeping informed about its developments. I still think its really great for various reasons but the hardware issue is too much for me.

-waiting for serrato to release drivers for the scratchamp so like so I can use both systems with the same exact hardware.

-Selling my maya once this happens and I also did the bad mistake of rushing off to buy the UDj which was a disappointment. You can't switch to regular vinyl unless you switch the control panel (software) so that means in case of crash you're in trouble. Also no drivers for OSX yet and after a mail to audiotrak they explain that "its on its way". Another big no no is that inputs 1 & 2 CANNOT be adjusted via the control panel, ie: you have no slider for it, it just runs at zero db by default. Obviously selling the UDJ also :) Interested?? :P

good luck

ps: i suggest you also dig into the scratch live forum as its very good for info