A Mild Dilemma with my Presonus Firepod

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
Funkfish
A Mild Dilemma with my Presonus Firepod

Post by Funkfish » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:56 am

So I think I have a problem with the I/O of my Firepod, its more of a I/O routing issue than anything.

I have a Presonus Firepod, it has 8ins and 8 outs, and 3 volume based knobs on the front.

Master (the Volume Knob for Output 1-2)

Phones (the Volume Knob for the headphone out which is a mirror of 1-2)

and

"Mixer" (its a knob that cross fades between the signal coming into the pod, versus the Audio Coming out of 1-2) (Note: these knobs have nothing to do with outputs 3-8)

Here is my setup.

Inputs:

1-2 Empty

3-4 Phono Pre from Table 1

5-6 Phono Pre from Table 2

7-8 Booth Out from Mixer

Outputs:

1-2 Main Speakers

3-4 Pinky Deck 1

5-6 Pinky Deck 2

Here is my dilemma:

I want to monitor the final output of my mixer via my Main Speakers

that are hooked up to the firepod, but for me to do this I'd have to have the "Mixer Knob" set to inputs, which would feed inputs 1-8 to the Speakers. which would be fine but.... the Encoded Vinyl would also be heard through the Speakers as well cause they are also in the input chain.

So I must have the Knob all the way to "Playback Mode" so I just hear what is being fed to output 1&2. But the only way I can think of Getting inputs 7&8 to play through output 1-2 is to open Logic (or another DAW) and record enable a stereo audio track and set the input to 7-8

but between pinky reading the vinyl, decoding the mp3, sending it to my mixer and back, and then back into Logic, and then finally to my ears, it seems like this would cause alot of latency?

granted this is a pretty low latency device, but I dunno, my Vinyl should be here in a few hours so lets see what happens,

if anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it