Soundblaster Laptop Card

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
djepifany
Soundblaster Laptop Card

Post by djepifany » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:56 pm

So after drooling at Serato, Stanton's FS, and now Numark's Virtual Vinyl...i'm ridiculously excited at this cheaper alternative. Minus the whole finding a DAC thing.

However as ive been reading up in these forums, it seems like you can get away with just a soundcard. I have an Alienware Sentia (power isn't an issue) and a PCMIA soundcard. I have a Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS Notebook. Does anyone know if this would work?

The link to the product is

http://us.creative.com/products/product ... duct=10769

Any and all help is much appriciated.
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:41 pm

It seems has only one stereo in and other stereo out... It could be possible run Ms pinky but only one deck mode... You need almost 2 stereo ins (4 mono) and 2 stereo outs (4 mono again) to run Ms. P with two decks..

See you

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
djepifany

Post by djepifany » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:27 am

Another thought...

Since I'd have that soundcard (with a stereo in and out) as well as my laptop's onboard sound (stereo in and out).

I'm not exactly sure if Ms. Pinky would allow them to both run, but id technically have two different sources of input and output.

Couldn't i get away with this?
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:12 pm

I'm not sure but I think this is not possible to work in multikernel mode... DLPinkstah maybe could ask your request? or do Ms.P Multikernel (like MixV... ok, that's ok I shut up...)

Maybe if you have MaxMSp you can do it or If you have an Vst Host who works multikernel you could open twice Pinky pluggo...

See you...

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms