...Rane TTM57sl...

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
Mudo
...Rane TTM57sl...

Post by Mudo » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:23 pm

Hello,

Rane TTM57sl

Usb mixer with full control midi (still not avaliable but probably on first frimware update)

SSL vinyl control software include (but didn't mix video xP)

8 ch etc

etc etc...

see all the info at:

http://www.rane.com/ttm57sl.html

and don't forget the MAckie D2 (some cheaper than this one)

see you people

Mudo

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
cb shaw

Post by cb shaw » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:34 am

I checked this out at the Rane factory. It's fantastic for working with just Audio because of the built in Serato interface. Is the interface fast enough to work with Ms Pinky's video apps? They didn't mention midi capabilities when I checked it out, midi would be a real plus...
djone37

Post by djone37 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:28 am

cb shaw wrote:I checked this out at the Rane factory. It's fantastic for working with just Audio because of the built in Serato interface. Is the interface fast enough to work with Ms Pinky's video apps? They didn't mention midi capabilities when I checked it out, midi would be a real plus...

No midi yet, but they said they have it planned.
hatchmatik

serato not yet functional with ms pinky

Post by hatchmatik » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:19 pm

they have yet to release the asio and core audio drivers for the 57 / sl1 box and so as far as i know the units are not yet compatible with ms. pinky video (or audio) apps, but for sure im quite confident that the interfaces will be fast enough. anyone who's used serato knows that the latency is virtually non-existant and the system is very reliable. its just a question of how long serato will take to release the drivers. there has been a lot of discussion on the scratchlive forum about this, but no date has been set for the release. also, im not sure that the 57 is infact fully midi controllable. ie. i dont think the crossfader on the mixer is midi assignable but i may be mistaken.
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:20 pm

I don't remember where was seen it... but I think that's planned on its releases... If not maybe the Mackie D2, its planned too...

I'm confused...

PD: well my works on audio/midi crossfader are progressing I don't say anything more... be patient... :D

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
djone37

Re: serato not yet functional with ms pinky

Post by djone37 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:52 pm

hatchmatik wrote:they have yet to release the asio and core audio drivers for the 57 / sl1 box and so as far as i know the units are not yet compatible with ms. pinky video (or audio) apps, but for sure im quite confident that the interfaces will be fast enough. anyone who's used serato knows that the latency is virtually non-existant and the system is very reliable. its just a question of how long serato will take to release the drivers. there has been a lot of discussion on the scratchlive forum about this, but no date has been set for the release. also, im not sure that the 57 is infact fully midi controllable. ie. i dont think the crossfader on the mixer is midi assignable but i may be mistaken.

The faders can all be midi assignable. I think you can check out the schematics on the rane site. Since they added the DSP in the mixer they opened up a new world of options.
hatchmatik

crossfader wwow

Post by hatchmatik » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:37 pm

wow that could be really good for sync'ed video and audio cutting, but they have yet to release the drivers as far as i know so it's compatability with ms. pinky is still in the works. i have an SL1 and i'd love to use it with pinky vinyls for maxi patch but since the drivers are still in limbo i just bought a u46dj ...