strange maya 44 problem

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
Suburban
strange maya 44 problem

Post by Suburban » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:32 am

Hello,

long time user here with an older set up. running a 1ghz powerbook, osx panther w/ maya-44 usb, ART pre-amps. this set up has run glitch free until now.

just last night i encountered a strange problem with the binky toy. my group 2 input/output does not seem to work properly at all. when i try to play a song, the soundcard misinterprets the input signal and jumps between the middle and the beginning of the track regardless of where the needle is on the controller record. the song also plays at the wrong pitch.

i've rebooted, tried a bunch of input/output configurations and installed the latest binky toy. the only time the problem occurs is when i try to take input from group 2. inputting from group 2 and outputting to group 1 also reproduces the problem. there is no problem when inputting from group 1 and outputting to either group 1 or group 2. i've done just about everything except tried a different laptop.

any clues as to what could be the problem?
-Suburban

beatmatrix.net
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:47 am

Hi Sub-

Have you checked all the settings in the "Maya44 Control Panel.app" recently? It sounds like somehow the input levels on channels 3&4 (I'm assuming those are the ones you're using for Group2) could have inadvertantly been raised too high? Anyway-- that would be the first thing to check. Open Maya44 Control Panel.app.

cheers-

DLP
Suburban

problem resolved

Post by Suburban » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:51 am

My input levels were fine. The problem was with me actually...at least I think so.

I might have accidentally had the wrong Vinyl Demodulation setting for my group 2. It somehow got switched to MsPinky setting and not MP2.

I just played an hour straight without any problems...

Conclusions:

I love how reliable this system is.

I am my own worst enemy.
-Suburban

beatmatrix.net