problem with U46DJ

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
curtispeacock
problem with U46DJ

Post by curtispeacock » Fri May 05, 2006 12:16 am

If anyone could help me out with this I would be most grateful!! I'm having a problem with my G4 OS X 10.4.6 and the U46DJ. I went into the audio MIDI setup and created an aggregate device but it doesn't appear in the Binky Toy and each time I open the Audio MIDI setup menu again it hasn't saved the aggregate device I created?! Any ideas??
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Power the U46DJ from a "wall wart" adapter

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri May 05, 2006 3:19 am

First of all, I always run my U46DJ powered by an external "wall wart" power supply.

If the Aggregate Device you've created doesn't appear to get saved, and it doesn't appear inside BinkyToy, then is it possible that maybe the U46DJ isn't actually connected properly to your computer (and powered)?

I know that when I start BinkyToy without the U46DJ being properly connected and powered on, the Aggregate Device won't appear in Binky Toy.

So try this:

1) Get an external "wall wart" power supply for the U46DJ.

2) Do a complete power cycle of your system, everything, including the U46DJ and your computer. Let it stay off for 1 minute or longer.

3) Turn on the U46DJ and re-connect it to your computer.

As far as I can tell, this will re-set everything and it should work just fine. At least it does for me :wink:
curtispeacock

Thanks!

Post by curtispeacock » Fri May 05, 2006 8:37 pm

Thanks Pinkstah!!

Well, I got it working- I'm not sure exactly what fixed it. I power did a couple powercycles and it didn't seem to do anything. I tried it one last time and also logged in as the administrator for the computer (which might have had something to do with it not saving the aggregate device I made), and then it worked fine! Thanks alot! You rule!