No output from U46DJ

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
dlpinkstah
Site Admin
Try re-installing ESI drivers

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun May 28, 2006 1:40 am

The control options that my U46DJ presents to OSX Audio/MIDI Setup are slightly different than what I'm seeing from you guys. Namely, all the "Thru" check boxes in my case are grayed out (cannot be selected). But I see in your case some of the "Thru" check boxes can be checked. Also, in my case, only the topmost "Mute" checkbox can be checked for the U46DJ output settings. That is very weird! I think perhaps your particular U46DJ's actually have a different version of firmware than mine. Or could it be a different version of the WinXP drivers? Just to be sure, please get to a WinXP machine and download and install version 1.0.14 of the U46DJ drivers from esi-pro.com. Connect the U46DJ and make sure it's working properly with WinXP Maxi-Patch_AO, for instance, or some other program which will fully excercise all it's I/O channels. Of course be sure to start up the WinXP control panel app for the U46DJ and make appropriate settings (lower the input levels on channels 1&2 all the way, mute the monitor channels, and put the output channel levels all the way up). Now, without unplugging the U46DJ from wall power, connect it's USB cable back over to your Mac. Do you still have the same choices presented in Audio/MIDI setup?
timmm

Post by timmm » Tue May 30, 2006 2:08 pm

now i got it to mix the timecode signal with the music, but the timecode is 100 times louder than the music. i did it by checking the thru boxes.

but honestly, i dont really wanna listen to the timecode signal instead of my music :)

so is there any possibilty to get the u46dj working? i tried both the xp and the power adapter thin - no difference.

would be pretty cool if someone could help me get this thing working :)

[img=http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6843/p ... 3wy.th.png]

[img=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2773 ... 1eu.th.png]
zamrate

Post by zamrate » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:11 pm

I got exactly the same problem, did you solve it, timmm?

My U46DJ serial number starts with ESJ051, and your´s, too I suppose ?