Multitasking and my Soundcard

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
jake-ed
Multitasking and my Soundcard

Post by jake-ed » Wed May 31, 2006 2:20 am

I have an M-Audio Audiophile 192.

When i play music and use my internet connection the music crackles, asif it the sound card is sampling at a low bit-rate. The soundcard package comes with a lot of different drivers but i can find no-where in Windows to select / change drivers that the computer uses for it's main output...

I produce music and within the main program i use (Reason 3) i can change the driver used for audio output, thus optimising the soundcards usage (as there are several drivers available).

I have tried changing the sampling rate in the M-Audio section of the taskbar but this makes no difference. I used to be able to listen to music, download, watch videos and conduct other activities at the same time on my computer, but now simply playing music and downloading at the same time seems to disrupt the audio on my comp. Anyone have any ideas? Feedback would be much appreciated.

Does anybody know what i can do to solve this problem?

Does anyhbody know how to select which driver Windows uses as it's main audio output driver?

I am using Windows XP Pro btw.

Thanks,

Jake.