digital clicking problems

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
pharmacom
digital clicking problems

Post by pharmacom » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:07 pm

hello!

I have a problem that after a while (20-30min.) when I am using ms pinky I get digital clicking. I have to shut down ms pinky and start agin then everything is ok!

did anyone now this problem and can help me???

I am using a

Sony Vaio Notebook 1,6 Ghz Pentium4 Prozessor with a Maya 44 USB Soundcard, Peamps

Thank you very much for your help!!

Greetz

Sascha
zamrate

Post by zamrate » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:48 am

Got exactly the same problem with the U46DJ. Try to disable "Battery ACPI" in the Control Panel. It helps on my Laptop, but doesn't cure the problem completely. I asked ESI what it is, but they don't know shit about it, and I guess they don't give a shit about it either. Their support is just horrible, as are their drivers. One should sue them for all the problems they cause with their soundcards. Even now, the version of the ESI U46DJ (1.020) is not stable, not working correctly.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Try a different buffer size

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:37 am

Does the problem seem related at all to I/O buffer size settings? Perhaps using a larger buffer size could alleviate it?

And if the problem does start during a session, did you try just going into the audio settings and changing the I/O buffer size? That may re-set some internal buffers in the driver, and cause the problem to go away without having to restart the program.

Anyway-- I'm really bummed to hear about all the problems ESI's poor drivers and support is causing people. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised :cry: