U46 DJ with OSX 10.3.9-no output!

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
technofreak
U46 DJ with OSX 10.3.9-no output!

Post by technofreak » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:05 pm

hi, i've just got pinky system with u46 dj and it seems that i have exactly the same problem with roryd(http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=434). there's no output at all unless i check thuru box and if i do it, there's this terrible signal noise...i can only use one deck with output setting 3/4.

however, people answered for that problem all talkin' about on osx10.4 but i'm on os10.3.9 and i do not want to upgrade for other reasons.

i tried almost everything that i found in this forum but it was always on 10.4 and it didn't work out anyway. however, since the anouncement says that it works fine on 10.3.9, there must be a solution for me.

please help me, i bought tones of MP3s hoping using this system and now i'm terribly upest!!!!!

thank you....
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:35 pm

When did you buy the U46DJ? Where did you buy it from?

If there is no output, then the unit is probably defective and you can certainly justify returning it to whoever you bought it from. Ms Pinky cannot, unfortunately, be held responsible for defective audio converters sold by ESI.
technofreak

Post by technofreak » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:56 pm

well, i bought it from www.thomann.de in germany, and they're honest, it will be alright. however, i have to pay 25 euros more for returning the box and it really sucks!! i can't believe that a worldwide distributing company like ESI doesn't do anything for their bullshit.

thanks anyway, and do you have any idea for a new soundcard in low budget? is it better using phono preamps? i know that M-audio stuff supporting very well OSX, is it better? or anything with built-in preamp?

and if i use PC, with the same machine, this problem can be solved?

one friend of mine want to sell his celeron laptop, can i be sure that it will work out on windows? (however, i hate windows....fffffffffffffffffffff!!!)
timmm

Post by timmm » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:08 pm

esi sucks... i bought the u46 too and i just cant get it working. why dont we try doing an online petition on www.petitiononline.com and as soon as we have enough signatures, we send it to esi. so maybe they start working on working osx drivers.
technofreak

Post by technofreak » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:14 pm

it's a good idea but i'm sorry to say that it doesn't matter anyway even if that ESI people do whatever for OSX or not.

i've tested with windows today, with every drivers properly installed,

and....e x a c t l y the same shit!

it's purely hardware matter.

you just get the money back, or like i do, using it for other applications.

or just with one deck...

i'm wondering if i go on for maya since it's from same manufacture...

fffffffffffffffffffffffffff!