2X Behringer UCA202...

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
nerd of nerds
2X Behringer UCA202...

Post by nerd of nerds » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:12 am

Hello! I've been trying to find a good soundcard/soundcards that i could use with ms.pinky that is as cheap as possible...

This usb soundcard by behringer is a mere 30 dollars...Will this work for mspinky? I'll probably be using this on a mac as well as a pc so compatablility would be great but i could swing using 1 over the other...

Thanks!
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Aggregate with built-in audio

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:24 am

At the very least, this Behringer UCA202 will let you use (1) turntable with Ms Pinky. And if you're on the mac and running OSX Tiger, you can aggregate this device with the built-in audio to garner a total of (4) outputs.

You may also be able to get the aggregate device to work with (4) inputs (2 from the Behringer, 2 from built-in audio), but there may be latency issues.

So it's definitely worth checking out how this device performs if you're content to just use (1) turntable in mixing.

And speaking of low-budget audio converter solutions to use with Ms Pinky, I've actually had great luck aggregating a Griffin iMic + Built-in Audio to get a (2)-in, (4)-out aggregate device that I use for (1) single-turntable mixing.
nerd of nerds

Re: Aggregate with built-in audio

Post by nerd of nerds » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:28 pm

dlpinkstah wrote:At the very least, this Behringer UCA202 will let you use (1) turntable with Ms Pinky. And if you're on the mac and running OSX Tiger, you can aggregate this device with the built-in audio to garner a total of (4) outputs.

You may also be able to get the aggregate device to work with (4) inputs (2 from the Behringer, 2 from built-in audio), but there may be latency issues.

So it's definitely worth checking out how this device performs if you're content to just use (1) turntable in mixing.

And speaking of low-budget audio converter solutions to use with Ms Pinky, I've actually had great luck aggregating a Griffin iMic + Built-in Audio to get a (2)-in, (4)-out aggregate device that I use for (1) single-turntable mixing.

I was talking about using 2 of the behringer units though...would that work?