problems with U46DJ and Maxi-Patch on XP

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
shortfacedbear
problems with U46DJ and Maxi-Patch on XP

Post by shortfacedbear » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:47 pm

hi..

ive just today recivied my new miss pinky and a u46dj through the mail after reading posts here about the best setup for me.. ive been realy looking forward to get going on it and skratch me some video.. so i thought at first i'd start out simple like u sugest with the audio only version..

after the initial problems with the u46 and reading a bunch of post on here i got it working with ASIO4ALL 2.7, n all the inputs n outputs seem to be showing up fine.. but doesnt control anything, i jus get the tone..

the vinyl tracker settings page shows a healthy signal recieved but the Error metric just sits at -1. weather its playing or not....

oh and waveforms dont show up wen i load an mp3 or wav even tho the name does.(if that means anything)

thanks for any help u can give me, im desperate to get this working..

im running-

XP pro sp2

intel pentium(r) D dual 2.66

1gb ram

U46DJ

i can send screen shots of how i have it set up if needed..

thanks
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Yes send screen shots

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:17 pm

Yes, do send screen shots both of the Maxi-Patch program's control panels and of the U46DJ's control panels.

It seems you've just got a few settings wrong.
shortfacedbear

Post by shortfacedbear » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:53 pm

great.. cant wait to use it...

files-

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 984430B9E7

cheers for the quik reply
shortfacedbear

Post by shortfacedbear » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:30 pm

problem solved, the u46dj is working fine, shame about the drivers... although i realised my matrox card isnt opengl 1.5 compatable ..

can anyone sugest a triple head card that is?
m3tr1k

so .. help?

Post by m3tr1k » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:35 pm

So it would be greatly beneficial to me if you posted the solution to the problem you were having. I've got the same error metric reading issue.

For everyone else reading, the ESI drivers are the suck, so use the ASIO4ALL driver at http://www.asio4all.com/ . The waveform deal I think is only because you didn't crunch them prior to loading the mp3. This can be done by hitting "Batch Waveform Processor" on the MsPinky+Me menu, and dragging and dropping folders of mp3s to be waveformed. Them you can either drop the mp3s on the mspinky controller, or drop a folder of mp3s on the middle loader section, and the waveforms should come up ok.

And I don't have any input on the video card, thats outta my league hehe, but good luck!

-Marcial
Zen koan: The master turned to the pupil and said "know this: I own you". And the pupil was owned. And he knew it.
Dan

Re: so .. help?

Post by Dan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:17 am

m3tr1k wrote:
For everyone else reading, the ESI drivers are the suck, so use the ASIO4ALL driver at http://www.asio4all.com/

I agree that the ESI driver support is terrible. However, I don't think that Asio4All is a replacement driver, you still need to have working ESI drivers first to leverage any usefulness out of Asio4All. I posted some general info here in case it's of any use:

http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1882#1882
kalisto

help!

Post by kalisto » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:43 am

In consideration of the amount of theses threads already up I thought I would just throw my situation onto this one:

Computer:

XP Pro SP2

AMD64 3000

MSI K8NeoPlat

1.5g RAM

3 SATA HD

1 SATA Plextor

Creative Audigy

[now] U46DJ (the new one)

Mixer: Stanton Sk-1

Decks: 1200's

Just got the new driver 1.016 from Dan's link in the other thread and now the inputs are actually recognized in the Maxi-Patch app. Here is a screenshot of a lot of stuff including device manager and properties of the sound card, one thing I noticed is that there is only one instance of USB Audio Device in the device manager while it says there should be two on one of the install guides.

I believe I have all the wires set up correctly although another thing I considered was that I am routing the sound from the mixer back into my PCI sound card. As of right now I get a high pitched noise regardless of any manipulation of the vinyl/mixer which only goes away when I turn off the sound card. When I switch to ASIOAll in maxi it produces the signal whine which I can scratch and there is a signal level showing up with the error metric hovering around 3.0

I think that is enough pertinent information for this post but please feel free to ask more as I want to get this thing up and running!!!!

Oh and I tried using just the pluggo with ableton and that didn't work either...., and it is running from USB power, I will try and get a power converter tomorrow.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Mute all monitor channels

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:51 pm

My setup:

HP Pavilion zv6000 (AMD Athlon 64, 3200+)

512 MBytes RAM

WinXP Home SP2

ESI U46DJ, serial ESJ05070..., powered with wallwart.

(2) Technics SL-1200M3D, Shure M44-7.

(1) Vestax PMC-07 ProISP, modified to allow bypass of hardwired phono preamps.

1200's --> U46DJ inputs (phono) ---> Laptop ---> U46DJ outputs ---> Mixer

Here's a view of my ESI Control Panel:

Note that all monitor channels are muted. This is necessary to avoid hearing the Ms Pinky control signal.

Here's a snapshot of Maxi-Patch_AO showing the Audio Settings and the I/O Mappings:

http://www.mspinky.com/jpgs/Maxi-Patch_ ... enshot.jpg

In the audio file player regions of Maxi-Patch, be sure that the option "audio thru" in the little pop-up menu is UNCHECKED. Having "audio thru" checked could certainly cause you to hear the control signal coming through.