M-Audio Firewire Audiophile

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
OverDrive

Post by OverDrive » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:16 pm

I got my Ms Pinky system setup yesterday, and I must say, I'm quite impressed. The latency is so low I don't notice any delay -- it's awesome.

Since the Audiophile only has one analog, and one digital input, but 4 analog outputs, I had to run one table analog and one digital. The digital setup seemed to be a little more finicky, but after some tweaking it was running perfect (with a much lower error metric than the analog!)

What I'm running:

2x Stanton SRT8-80

- One outputting analog RCA

- One outputting s/pdif

Stanton SMX-201 Mixer

3.2EEGhz, 2GB RAM, PC

My only complaints are with the software interface, it was a little confusing at first, and I still haven't figured out if I can setup a playlist for each deck. But once you get the hang of how things work it's alright.

I plan on trying to write a Winamp plugin for MsPinky to solve those problems -- I just downloaded the SDK, and we'll see what happens.
shortfacedbear

latency

Post by shortfacedbear » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:47 am

sounds great...

im starting to wish i hadnt got the u46dj now, although its well built n good price etc.. the drivers are rubbish, and i cant get the latency low enough for any sort of efective scratching :x .. (although i haven't tried it with an external power suply yet)..

sounds like u made the best choice..