connetiv/torq

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
technofreak
connetiv/torq

Post by technofreak » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:55 pm

http://www.m-audio.com/

have anyone heard about it?

any idea if it will be compatible withh pinky vynils??
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Torq/Conectiv

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:41 pm

I probably shouldn't be saying this yet... but yes, the Torq software (that comes included with the Conectiv) will offer support for Ms Pinky vinyl :lol:

And I'm almost 100% certain you will be able to use the Conectiv interface as an audio device with Ms Pinky software. So we're very happy with M-Audio right now. Let's hope it stays that way... :wink:
technofreak

Post by technofreak » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:46 pm

man...thanks for the reply!

i'm one of the victime(?) of this defected U46DJ...

can't wait to play on two decks with two pinky pluggo!! :D
gvnyc

Torq

Post by gvnyc » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:15 pm

Check the Conectiv/Torq story at Skratchworx and look for comments by Chad Carrier who's the "Product Manager for SynchroScience at M-Audio" and gives the most detail found anywhere on the web (that I've found). Here's some info straight from the horse's mouth.

"The Vinyl/CD Control: We are using the Ms. Pinky control system for Torq. It's the sickest I've ever seen and Scott makes it so easy to integrate his stuff that the decision was a no-brainer. Already have the Ms. Pinky records? You're in luck--they'll work with Torq. Same is true for the CD."

"Q: Will my Ms Pinky records work with Torq?

A: Yes. Torq will support Ms Pinky vinyl generations 1, 2, and 3."

"Q: Can the Conectiv be used as an audio out for Ableton Live? Does the mic input go into the computer?

A: Yes, the Conectiv is a full-function ASIO- and Core Audio-compatible audio interface. It's required for Torq to run, but you can use it as your audio interface for any other application, too. The Mic input can be routed into the computer, too."
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:17 pm

Scott you are great...

Thanks,

David

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
toastytraxx

Post by toastytraxx » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:08 am

You will hear in one of the videos, chad carrier say "we are using the Mspinky vinyl control system to run with torq"

He reckons it is one of the best so it will be a sweet combo i reckon.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

The Torq vinyl is scrambled Generation-4 Ms Pinky vinyl

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:49 pm

The Torq vinyl is a scrambled version of Ms Pinky's Generation 4 vinyl. On the label of the Torq vinyl there is some fine print that reads "Ms Pinky Vinyl/CD Control System, Copyright 2006 Baby Talk FX, LLC. Used under license."

The new UB version of Binky Toy supports Torq vinyl as "MP6".

And as of today, I'm really encouraging everyone to NOT buy the U46DJ any more and to substitute the M-Audio Conectiv interface instead. We've been testing the Conectiv with Ms Pinky software (and Torq, too) for the past couple of weeks and it is really WAY better than the U46DJ. Torq is a really great application, too, and you can actually use your Ms Pinky records with Torq.
toastytraxx

Post by toastytraxx » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:28 am

^^^Now thats something we've all wanted to hear!

Thats a big 10/4 Sir dlpinkster.

:ThuMbsUp: to you work.
djbills

Re: The Torq vinyl is scrambled Generation-4 Ms Pinky vinyl

Post by djbills » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:35 am

dlpinkstah wrote:And as of today, I'm really encouraging everyone to NOT buy the U46DJ any more and to substitute the M-Audio Conectiv interface instead.

This is very interesting - if it gets the pinkstah "stamp" then it must be worth checking out. I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel on my u46DJ, but it's refreshing to know that another realistically priced option is on the way.
toastytraxx

Post by toastytraxx » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:55 am

Will you be able to record with connectiv?

Also if iam using SPDIF from my Cdplayer into a Digital mixer and back out to connectiv is there any way of keeping the information digital all the way. Ie Connectiv has a S?PDIF?

I was told that you need S/PDIF "inputs" and "outputs" on the mixer and on the the soundcard for you to be able to keep everything digital?
toastytraxx

Post by toastytraxx » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:02 pm

Connectiv doesnt have s/pdif.

DAM
djone37

Post by djone37 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:34 pm

DLP, any plans to sell the device on your store? Or maybe just sell your software w/o the vinyls for people that own it so they can video mix too.

This is great new for DLP. An M-audio & MsPinky Partnership.
djone37

Post by djone37 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:31 am

They sell the device on its own for $250US. It includes the software too but no vinyl or CD's.

If you want the vinyl and CD's then its $300US.

Got that info from pssl.com
djbills

Post by djbills » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:15 am

Question - maybe DLP can answer

will my stock (non-MAudio) ms pinky gen 4 vinyl work with Torq?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Last I checked, yes.

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:35 am

Last I checked it would.

I believe that the numbering of the vinyl generation choices in Torq is off by 1. So that means that when you choose Ms Pinky Generation 3 in Torq, it's actually Ms Pinky Generation 4, etc..... :wink: