I'm looking for a soundcard instead of an interface

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
jimmymus
I'm looking for a soundcard instead of an interface

Post by jimmymus » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:55 pm

Well, I currently only have an Audigy. It would be great but I don't have two inputs =/

So, I need to get a new soundcard. I could get one of those interfaces but I want something that is a little more multi-purpose, so I'd like to get a decent soundcard.

Ideally, I would love to get the RME RPM but that is WAY out of my price range. I don't want to get something shitty though. Currently I'm looking at a few cards

- M-Audio Audiophile 192
- Maya 44

These seem to be in my price range and they don't look like they are shit. What do you guys think? I am probably more comfortable with the Audiophile 192 because of driver support but I don't really know.

Thanks!

PS Ms. Pinky rawks so much
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Just go with the Conectiv

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:24 am

If the other soundcards you're considering are the M-Audio Audiophile 192 and the Maya 44, why not just go with the M-Audio Conectiv? It's pretty much perfect for use with Ms Pinky, and you get Torq for free!! :lol:

If you really want something more multi-purpose, then I would scour eBay for a used MOTU-828. I have an original 828 that I've had for almost six years and it's never let me down. The most stable drivers ever, IMHO.
for[e]sight

Post by for[e]sight » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:21 pm

wouldn't that be the same as getting an interface? :?: :?:

an 'interface' is basically a soundcard, sometimes its external (usb or firewire) and may include extra I/O like MIDI or digital...
jimmymus

Post by jimmymus » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:50 pm

If I didn't already pay $100 dollars to use IWS I would consider getting Conectiv/Torq. However I already paid that money and now it seems like I'd be paying more for something I don't need. Plus, the Conectiv can only do 16bit/48kHz, which is way less than a good quality sound card.
ka05

m audio firewire vs m-audio connective

Post by ka05 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:52 pm

damn i thought m-audio firewire would work but only has 1 ana out, does it have to have two outs??? and if so why?? is there any cheap way round this as i dont have £300 for another blardy m-audio soundcard.m-audio have duped me again saying I can use it with tracktor dj and programs like it like Final Scratch etc.. and no matter wot i do I cant succefully update my drivers.. bangs own head :x
m-audio firewire - spirit folio mini mixing desk.
toshiba equium laptop firewire 1.74ghz 512mb ram
technics 1210 x 2
vestax mixstick Pro6 has 2 ins and 2 outs
surely I only need one out to go to the amplifier or mixing desk right?