Help me, My setup dont work! (Maya44USB, WinXp, Numark tt-2)

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
January12
Help me, My setup dont work! (Maya44USB, WinXp, Numark tt-2)

Post by January12 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:10 pm

Hi guys!

I found a Maya44 USB for cheap and decided to buy Ms.Pinky cause I really like what it does. But since I'm totally new at this I'm not getting it to work proper. And it's probably just an easy error to fix my problem.

As the donload site recomended I downloaded the Maxi-Patch AO just to learn the basics to start with.
Now I got my Numark tt-2 record player(wich is correctly grounded) connected to the Maya44 USB card wich has been installed with the install cd I got with it. But I have no lights on the Analog inputs from the record player.
The error metric shows values above 2.0 but I have no signal level at all.
What does this mean?

The Maya44's output is onnected to my mixer and I can clearly hear the time code on the record and when ever someone logs in to my MSN I can hear them aswell so I got signal from both the computer and my record player, although the sound from the computer sounds a bit higher in volume.

Is my input level to high or to low?
Can I fix this without buying a phono preamp or is that exactly what I have to do:?:

Hope you can help me out!
/Johan
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Input signal is too weak

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:37 am

First of all, neither the Maya 44 USB nor the U46DJ are recommended any more for use with Ms Pinky, and neither of these soundcards will be officially supported by Ms Pinky. That said, you should be able to get Ms Pinky to work quite well with the Maya 44, as many other users have. But you will have to show quite a bit of resourcefulness on your own to do so.

Have you bothered to open up the Maya 44's control panel?? You will need to get very familiar with the Maya 44's control panel in order to make this work.

If I'm assuming correctly, you are driving the analog inputs of the Maya 44 (which expect line-level input signals) directly with the outputs from your turntables which are not anywhere near line-level. So apparently, your input signal is too weak to really do the job. If the lights on the Maya 44's analog inputs aren't even lighting up then you're not giving it a strong enough signal. So one thing to try is to open up the Maya 44's control panel and increase the input signal levels until you see a strong signal coming in. If you increase the input levels all the way and still do not see a strong signal coming in, then you are going to need to get some phono preamps to increase the signal level from your turntables prior to going into the Maya 44. Since I'm not familiar with the turntables you're using, I don't know if they have the ability to send out line-level signals. Many newer models of turntables are now including built-in phono preamps so they can send out line-level signals. If your turntables don't have this feature, then I recommend you get some phono preamps. That said, some users have been able to successfully use Ms Pinky with the Maya 44 without additional phono preamps. But I can't guarantee that that will work for you...