M-Audio Conective

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
loginz
M-Audio Conective

Post by loginz » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:05 pm

is it possible to use mrs pinky with a m-audio conective tool or does somebody know a cheap interface with integrated preamps? thank you very much....
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Conectiv is now the recommended audio device

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:11 pm

The M-Audio Conectiv is my #1 recommendation for use with Ms Pinky. It has built-in phono preamps for easy and direct turntable connection, low latency, stable drivers (for the most part :wink: ) for both OSX and WinXP, and is priced quite affordably. Plus you get the Torq software application for free, which features Ms Pinky vinyl control and a ton of other great features....
loginz

Post by loginz » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:40 pm

thank you very much for your quick answer...
and is it also possible to use ableton live and two turntables with the m-audio? sorry, i´m not very well in technical things....
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:40 pm

Yes, the Conectiv works fine with Ableton Live, and two turntables.
loginz

Post by loginz » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:01 pm

it´s possible to use two turntables with ms pinky and ableton live at the same time???
very very cool!!!
allright, i´m going to the m-audio connective.
thank you very much
mathsieve

Post by mathsieve » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:40 pm

so i've just got my m-audio conectiv through the post today. A big thanks to dlpinkster for his wonderful software. it works like a dream. no latency - just like the real thing.

Anyways, on to M-Audio. I'm getting loads of strange noise on channels 3/4 from the conectiv. 1/2 are fine. Sounds like the kind of interference you get fom internal soundcards from the CPU etc. It's not that bad - but then it's not great esp if you're going to use the LP filter. anybody suffered from this?
cheers
tom
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:51 am

Ouch!! That's not good. :cry:

I've also heard something similar from another user.

So let's get the diagnosis ball rolling:

1) What operating system are you running on? And what make/model computer?

2) Have you contacted M-Audio support with this bug report? It's important that they be informed of this ASAP. Hopefully there will be a simple software fix for this.

3) Are you running the Conectiv on USB bus power, or on a wall wart? I've been using mine on wall-wart power and have not experienced any problems at all with it. All ins/outs work flawlessly. Maybe try it with a wallwart to see if that helps....

4) Have you downloaded and installed the very latest Conectiv drivers from m-audo.com?
mathsieve

Post by mathsieve » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:52 am

Ok.

1) NLite'd Win XP SP1

2)-4) Negative. Will have a bash at those suggestions now.

Cheers
tom
mathsieve

Post by mathsieve » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:29 am

I have check my drivers, they are upto date.
I'm trying an external power adapter, and that doesn't seem to make any difference. The problem, if anything, is worse.
I've tried enough different combinations of my leads to know that they're not the problem. The weird thing is - if you are monitoring Deck B on the mixer and you unplug B's line input you can still hear the interference. Only if you unplug line A's input as well does it stop. (I'm now get interference on both channels btw.)
Strangely, if you use the headphone monitor on the Conectiv you don't hear any interference. It is definitely interference from the computer as you can hear the mouse tracking.
I will contact M-audio's technical support on monday if we don't get this working over the weekend.