Behringer BCD3000 All in one Audio Converter/Preamp/Mixer

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
lucid
Behringer BCD3000 All in one Audio Converter/Preamp/Mixer

Post by lucid » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:57 pm

I have been looking around for a while now for a cheap alternative to dj'ing with time coded records. I've looked at all of the options, among the most popular are Serato, Final Scratch, M-Audio Connectiv, more recently, Traktor scratch and Numark, and of course mspinky. All of these options seem to run over 250$ USD. When you figure in a mixer and all of the other components, everything adds up to quite a lot of money. I've got tables, but my mixer recently broke and now I am in the market for a new mixer.

Now, considering I am in the market for both a mixer and a scratch amp, the Behringer bcd3000 seems like a great deal. Not only do you get a decent USB mixer bundled with traktor (I would go for the bcd3000 because the firmware is updated to be compatible with software like traktor), the mixer has a built in 4x4 audio interface with phono preamps, which if I understand correctly, is what all of the scratch amps out there are equipped with.

So, to cut to the chase, I guess I just want to know if someone can confirm that I could use the BCD3000 as a mixer and scratch amp for scratching timecoded vinyl with mspinky or similar software.
lucid

Post by lucid » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:56 am

bump....
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Give it a shot

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:41 pm

Looks very promising. There are two sets of phono inputs on the back panel, so it looks like it can accomodate (2) turntables on the inputs. Whether they actually route those signals appropriately into the computer so that the software can receive the appropriate signals is another question.
If the signal routing is such that you can get all (4) discrete input channels routed into a software application on the host computer, then it will work as an audio input device for use with Ms Pinky. If it also supports (4) discrete output channels, with low-latency I/O, then it will almost certainly work very well with Ms Pinky, or similar digital vinyl controller software.

Since this product is not actually shipping yet, I for one haven't been able to actually test it myself. We'll have to wait and see. But I'd say it's a safe bet. Go ahead and order one. Let us all know how it works out
:wink:
Baka

Post by Baka » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:58 am

I have bcd3000 and interested to see if this can work with time coded vinyl. The built in jog wheels are quite bad for me so instead would like to use turntables for a more direct feel. Anyone tried it?
Dan Caldwell

Post by Dan Caldwell » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:24 am

Hey! I saw @ youtube a boy who connect 2 turntables on his bcd3000 and make works 2 serato records with some software.. i think it's kind of interesting ;) and i think it's posible use ms pinky records too

my first post! Saludos desde Mexico
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:37 pm

I'm pretty sure you can use the BCD3000 with Ms Pinky, at least under Windows, because Behringer has released an ASIO driver for the device. However, they've really let us Mac people down by not releasing any drivers for OSX. :twisted: