Mixers with MIDI + ms. pinky

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
NinjaChopUh
Mixers with MIDI + ms. pinky

Post by NinjaChopUh » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:38 pm

I've seen advertised with the new traktor scratch that you can use certain certified mixers without having to use an audio interface. The certified mixers are the Mackie D.2, D.4 and the korg zeros. I was thinking of getting a D.2 with the optional firewire card and was wondering if you could use that to interface with ms. pinky without an audio interface. Can anybody help me with this?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:13 am

As far as I can tell, the Mackie D.2 FireWire option card has a total of (4) channels out, but only (2) channels in. The inputs to the FireWire card are taken from the outputs of the mixer. So unfortunately, it can't be used to bring the control signal from a digital vinyl (or CD) into your computer for use with Ms Pinky. What it's good for is just playing back tracks using a computer, and recording your final mix to your computer.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure the NI AUDIO 8 DJ box does allow other applications (besides Tracktor) to use it for bringing in signals from turntables for whatever purpose.... But you should check with NI to be sure.
NinjaChopUh

Post by NinjaChopUh » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:47 pm

That's too bad. I liked the idea of having to carry around less equipment without spending almost $2000 on the 57sl and serato. Has anybody used Traktor Scratch yet? Would it be possible in the future for ms. pinky to function without a bunch of cables and maybe just a single firewire connection or midi signal coming from the mixer?
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:30 pm

Use a new Korg Zero4 or Zero8, or else mixer with audio/midi support...

With rane you must charge with a lot of cables too... if you are using turntables of course...

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms