So lost.

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
keagan
So lost.

Post by keagan » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:05 pm

okay i've had ms pinky since novmeber but I haven't gotten the time to set it up intill now. Can't get it to work. I get no audio out, and the vinyl is visually unresponsive. I am racking my brain to find out what the problem is...

ive got
m-audio connective (cant get torq to work either)
two numark ttx 1
ortofon elektro carts
2 channel numark dxm mixer
iBook G4 running 10.4.8
1.25 gigs of ram
4th gen ms pinky vinyl

turntable outputs go into connective inputs
connective ouputs go into mixer inputs.

then I get lost... do i plug the connectiv outs into the phono or the line inputs?

there are line/phono switches on the back of my mixer for each channel. Which one do I choose?

on my turntable there are phono/line switches. Which do I use? I assuming phono, but I donno really.

on the connectiv there are phono/line switches for each channel. I am assuming that I am supposed to flip it to phono, but, again I am not sure.

obviously I have the connective dials set all the way to usb.

the software is set up like so;

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/202/4705 ... 909d_o.png

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/4705 ... 37f1_o.png

You guys must be geniuses to set this up- I've been producing house music for 4 years now, and even I am lost.

I appreciate all help.

cheers!
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:06 am

Since your turtables have line outs, my suggestion is to do everything at LINE level --->

1) Set your turntables to LINE output.
2) Set both switches on top of the Conectiv to LINE.
3) The outputs of the Conectiv are at LINE level anyway, so set the inputs on your mixer to LINE.

And finally, you really really need to get the documentation for Torq and read it. Please RTFM :wink:

And for the Maxi-Patch application, be sure to study carefully the "Quick_Start.pdf" file that comes in the same folder with the application you downloaded.

I also recommend that you download the very latest and greatest versions of all Ms Pinky software. Delete the old ones you have on your machine.
keagan

Post by keagan » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:01 am

yeah, thanks but none of this really helped.

I got torq to work but I still cannot get ms pinky to work.

REALLY FRUSTRATING.

I cannot STAND torq, horribly slow, basically unresponsive when i try to load a song.

I've read the pdf/getting started countless times.

donno.

Can someone with a m-audio connectiv PLEASE just post a screen shot of your audio settings. It would make my day.

when I open maxi ao I get a little window that says something about not finding a sound batch or something... is this bad?

yeah?

qlkwe gj;oeriklbnmht
gpojkn43..re