Soundcard Question for the Knowledgeable (and Current!)

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
mr.
Soundcard Question for the Knowledgeable (and Current!)

Post by mr. » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:06 am

Hey all,
I guess this directed @DLPinkstah, but, I will throw it out there.

Once upon a time.... many years ago... I became a part of the Ms. Pink fan club.. I believe I am 3rd generation vinyl.
I also used a PC laptop back in the day with Windoze XP and my newly purchased U46DJ. The set up did work well enuff for me to crank out some mixtapes and I believe I trusted it once to do a live DJ gig in Long Beach... mind you if took a LOT of debug and research to even get to step.

Fast Forward... now, I have a Macbook Pro and still use the U46DJ USB soundcard with the most updated drivers (from sometime in 2008) and I consider it to work "well" with Maxi Patch.

THE QUESTION - I know you hate the U46DJ... what is your current GO TO sound card recommendation for fan club members ? Is it that Native Instruments piece that I just researched online for 199$ ? I believe I got the U46DJ for 100-120$ brand new at a Sam Ash about 5 years ago.

Also, can I get some of that 7th generation vinyl?

Thanks,

mr.
--- -- -
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:55 am

Mr.

Kudos to you for getting the U46DJ to even work for you at all :lol:

The NI Audio8 DJ is cool, but it tends to go for about $399 USD. Where did you see it for $199 USD? Maybe used.

In spite of what a lot of folks may say about the M-Audio Conectiv, I'm still highly recommending it. The drivers for OSX are very stable and low-latency. And the sound quality is decent. Conectiv drivers for Windoze are so-so, but then again, what isn't problematic under Winbloze?

So yeah, I still recommend the Conectiv, especially if you're looking for a very good replacement for you U46DJ that won't break the bank. Since you've already purchase vinyl + software from us, I can get you a nice price break on the Conectiv....
mr.

Post by mr. » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:18 am

Thanks for your fast reply. I will PM you to talk cookies
--- -- -