M Audio USB Controller

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
v1nyl
M Audio USB Controller

Post by v1nyl » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Being somehwt of an older DJ. I have come late to the world of software. A good friend of mine gave me a fully licenced version of Torq and the device mentioned above. THis was ll working fine accept the vinyl conatined made a stange whistllening noise.

THe problem is the USB controler has gone bang. No lights and a stong small of burning, theis has resulted in the software being unbale to validate itself with the controller and therfore it has stopped working.

I was wondering what optoins I have open other than the obvious buy a new or get the extisting controller fixed.

Is there anyway to getthe software to work withoiut the controller? I have a fully licenced verion with the packaging and the CD's and Vinyl, albeit it is over 12 months old.

Any help would be useful.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:36 am

Yikes. Smell of burning? No lights? Not good. Hopefully you can send it in for a replacement. :(

I'm pretty sure you can still use the software if you have any other M-Audio USB controller device, like a trigger finger, or an Oxygen-8.
v1nyl

M Audio

Post by v1nyl » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks for the update. Why is the hardware required if I am not attempting to use the time coded vinyl? Is this some sort of security chcek , like a dongle?