Native Instruments Audio DJ8

A Forum for topics relating to the soundcard/ audio converter that is used with MsPinky
Per
Native Instruments Audio DJ8

Post by Per » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:57 am

Hi

Does MS pinky work with the Audio DJ on a MacBook Pros (Unibody)?

If so, what latency did you get?

Thanks in advance.
Per
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:44 am

As far as I know, it should work fine, with very low latency. But I haven't tried it myself....
monosylabik

Post by monosylabik » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:14 pm

I just picked up a Traktor Audio 6. Yesterday I tested it with Live and Ms Pinky and could get it running down to 64 samples buffer size without hiccups, but decided to bump it up to 128 just in case.

My numbers at 128 buffer size are:

Input Latency: 4.94 ms
Output Latency: 4.69 ms
Driver Error Compensation: 2.46 ms
Overall Latency: 12.1 ms

I'm loving this interface so far
Phins

Post by Phins » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:42 pm

@monosylabik,

How is your experience with the Audio 6 after a longer period of usage, still only positive?
monosylabik

Post by monosylabik » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:53 am

Yeah, totally love it. The only real issue I've run into with it, and I think it's more my laptop's problem, is that I have to remember to plug it on the right side USB port because the other one either doesn't send the same amount of power or won't transfer data at the same speed, so the Audio 6 will start clicking and distorting badly after a while when connected to the left USB.

Still, it works perfectly on the right side, never has crashed or anything. It'd probably be fixed by getting the optional power cord for it.
Phins

Post by Phins » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:58 am

That is good news :-) Heard more people having problems with the crackling, popping and distorting after a while, but it seems to be a USB-power problem. Think I'll give it try then :D
monosylabik

Post by monosylabik » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:23 pm

Yeah, makes me wish they had included the power cord, but oh well.
monosylabik

Post by monosylabik » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:30 am

I think I've narrowed the problem down to the iSight camera on my MPB 15" non-unibody. A few weeks ago, it started crackling with the Audio 6 plugged in the left USB. Thought I was crazy because I was sure I plugged it there everytime. Swapped it to the right, and it worked great.

Today it started crackling on the right USB. After a few reboots, I decided to open System Profiler and check, and found iSight was on the same USB High-Speed Bus as the Audio 6. Swapped it over to the left and it stopped malfunctioning. Tested it for a while with no issues.

I'm still not 100% sure yet but I think the system is somehow swapping iSight between the 2 USB busses connected going to the physical ports. Been looking for a way disable power to the cam (never use it anyway) through software, but so far haven't found anything. Other options I've found are physically disconnecting it, which I'm hesitant to because it requires disassembling the monitor, and simply checking System Profiler to see if the cam hasn't pulled the ol' switcharoo on me.

I could also pick up a power cord for it, but NAAAH!! :roll:

I'll post further info if I find anything.