mac mini problems

A forum for topics related to the computer used with MsPinky, it's CPU load and RAM requirements, and other computer hardware matters.
djope
mac mini problems

Post by djope » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:50 pm

i've recently got a mac mini (1.42 1gig ram) to replace my ageing iBook which was struggling to keep up. however i've intalled the g4 versions of maxi-patch and binky toy and as soon as the program opens, it closes itself again. i'm running tiger and have had no other problems with other software, and i'm still using my fa101 interface which is working fine with cubase and reason. anyone got any suggestions?
djone37

Re: mac mini problems

Post by djone37 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:43 pm

djope wrote:i've recently got a mac mini (1.42 1gig ram) to replace my ageing iBook which was struggling to keep up. however i've intalled the g4 versions of maxi-patch and binky toy and as soon as the program opens, it closes itself again. i'm running tiger and have had no other problems with other software, and i'm still using my fa101 interface which is working fine with cubase and reason. anyone got any suggestions?

Did you download the externals?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Actually a Tiger Problem

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:18 pm

I believe this problem (program won't start) actually has a lot more to do with Tiger than with the Mac Mini.

Could you please email me the crash log? This should be found in

YourUserName/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/

and should be called something like BinkyToy_XXX_XX.crash.log and/or Maxi-Patch_XXX_XXX.crash.log..

Have those would really help me solve this problem.

Thanks!

DLP
djope

Post by djope » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:30 pm

ok, i'm in the stage of copying things across so the mini doesn't have net yet, but i'll email it to you in about three days, thanks for the continuing help! mspinky rocks!!
djope

Post by djope » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:02 pm

right i've finally had a chance to sort out my network, and i've found that the full mac update has sorted out the problem, everything's running well, thanks for the help
ThaiStick

hey

Post by ThaiStick » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:25 am

i also have a mini mac, but are you running osx 10.4.3?

also do i need the maxi patch and everything?

what do I all need to buy in order to get my scratch on?
UPS cant eat my a**
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Audio Converter

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:34 pm

Ms Pinky will definitely work with OSX Tiger 10.4.3, or higher. So it sounds like the main thing left for you to get is the audio converter. I recommend the U46DJ by Ego Systems because it's economical and allows direct turntable connection.

Please check out the Physical Setup page on the site:

http://www.mspinky.com/WreckedSystem_PhysSetup.html

You just have to plug your turntables into the inputs on the U46DJ, then plug the outputs of the U46DJ into your mixer.
VideoScratch

Post by VideoScratch » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:01 am

is videoscratching working on mac mini ?

is there some latency with the built in soundcard ?

do the trick that people use on the I-mac G5 to get a video out works on it ?
...happyness is a warm slipmate...