Ms Pinky & Windows Vista?

A forum for topics related to the computer used with MsPinky, it's CPU load and RAM requirements, and other computer hardware matters.
Bandini
Ms Pinky & Windows Vista?

Post by Bandini » Tue May 15, 2007 8:59 am

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience using Ms Pinky with Windows Vista. Is this even possible as the requirements only specify windows XP? I've only heard bad things about Vista so far but does anyone have any feedback they could post here?
no_half_steppin

Ms Pinky on Vista

Post by no_half_steppin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi, new here and I have been wondering the same thing. So I did a little research and contacted both customer help here on Ms Pinky and then customer help over at Cyclying 74.

According to the people at Cyclying 74 Ms Pinky has not been thoroughly tested on Windows Vista, but their software which Ms Pinky's is based on works and runs just fine on Vista. They do not forsee any major problems running Ms Pinky on Vista. It may not take full advantage of the new features on Vista, but it should work just fine.

Hope that helps.
upasaka

Post by upasaka » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:29 am

still very new to using Ms Pinky, and so far I've not used it with two decks simultaneously (waiting on some RCA cables...), but it certainly seems to work fine in Vista.

only problem is the .exe isn't digitally signed, so you get that infuriating User Account Control warning each and every time you try and run it. Why Microsoft couldn't just allow an administrator to mark an .exe as "trusted" is beyond me...
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:07 am

Sincerely use xp for a while...

Win Vista has not anything better than xp nowadays, instead of this, you must upgrade your ram, your audio card and so on to work as same performance in the better way...

If you are planning purchase a laptop, buy a mac. Today is the best option.

(I'm 13 years PC user and this year finally I bought a Macbook)

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
no_half_steppin

Post by no_half_steppin » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:54 pm

Ok, so I have all of the updated drivers for my M-Audio audio driver. I have everything installed. But for some damn reason I can not get my MP3 files to drag and drop. Nothing happens when I click and drag and drop either a folder or just a single mp3 file.

I am running windows vista
upasaka

Post by upasaka » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:16 am

no_half_steppin, I hope this helps: http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=702
no_half_steppin

Post by no_half_steppin » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:54 pm

Thanks for the link upsaka but I may need a little more help still.