File path settings for recorded Session clips in Max4Live

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
kanystr
non max solution

Post by kanystr » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Got it work. You have to make 1000 dumb files in track you want to load. when ableton make file named 1000-audio.wav then track will load. I clicked to that number trough session view. You can delete dumbfiles after ableton reaches 1000, because it slowing recording response. Live set has something like counter, so dumb files are no longer needed.

Some max solution i thing will be better, but this works for me.

Kanystr
JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:29 pm

Are you saying to make 1000 silent clips in the folder your path is set too?

What do you name these dumb files?
kanystr

Post by kanystr » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:55 pm

yes, 1000 in channel you want to record and load... default "audio 1" ect. when you reach 1000 the name will be finally same. It takes 10 minutes of clicking, but when it is finished i use this live set as template. Saving seems sot affecting counting.

point is when live set reaches 1000 records then will use 1001 ect. even when is lower number deleted. Too many files will slow recording.

I dont know if is prependind 000 will working with more than 9 files.

Sorry about my english expressions like "dumbfiles" I am not very well english speaking person. those are files that make ableton as records....0001 1 audio.aif (wav)
Last edited by kanystr on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Sorry about my english expressions like "dumbfiles" I am not very well english speaking person.
Thats OK, "dumbfiles" makes since.

So you have 1000 "dumbfiles" in your session view?

OR

You have 1000 "dumbfiles" in your folder?
kanystr

Post by kanystr » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:17 pm

just create them and delete...i have them stored if i am need them again.
it will be very messy tohave 1000 clips anywhere.
JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Cool, I am gonna try this later. THANKS!
jakku

Post by jakku » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm having this same problem. My findings support what others have said already, but might be of interest.

When I record a clip, I can't autoload it, even though I have a path connecting my 'samples' folder for the project. HOWEVER, if I consolidate the recorded clip (creating a new file), I can then autoload that clip as there is no '000' at the beginning of the name.

So now there are two clips - the original recorded one called '0008 feed.wav' and the consolidated one called '8 feed.wav'. THEN, when I click on the original recorded clip or the consolidated one, the consolidated one is autoloaded!

So....that's my big find, haha. Useful? I'm definitely interested to work on this problem with you guys...
JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:35 pm

I have been using a different method to get recorded audio into a Ms Pinky device.

Basically I modified rbrt23's Superlooper so it sends it's file path of the recorded Audio to Ms Pinky, and she loads it.

I have been meaning to post the patchwork somewhere, along with instructions on how to implement it, yet it's still a work in progress with messy patching.

I will post all over the appropriate boards when I get it done.
tsutek

Post by tsutek » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Mr. SOLO, I've been reading alot about your endeavours with MsPinky lately. I was just wondering, have you tried the buffer method that is used by henke's granulator? That might also be one solution for you.. You might also want to look into utilizing fileslots (2 should suffice) so that you can load a file into the ms pinky in the background while another one plays? From my early experiments, it seems that switching fileslots on the fly works pretty seamlessly.

Would be very interesting to see your modified looper patch in action.. I'm still doing babysteps with the system, taking it slow, haven't got things sussed out well enough to get into the looping/file hotswapping myself..
Brent

Post by Brent » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Hey has anyone found a solution for this problem yet? I've just started using Ms Pinky and am also stuck on this. It'd be nice to have a solution without needing to use further max plugins or the 1000 clip trick.