Visible Cue Point

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
Tschoepler
Visible Cue Point

Post by Tschoepler » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:47 pm

Hey,

Is it possible to add a visible marker to the cue points? For now I used the loop points 9-16 to get a visual representation of the cue point. So when I add a cue point the patch will take the cue_point_fraction as the loop_endpoint of "loop 9" and set the loop_startpoint to "loop_endpoint -0.002". I think the picture below should clear things up. Now if that could be implemented into the "uiwaveform"-object with a different overlay color than the loop's grayish overlay, that would be so cool.
What you see is the cue point not a loop point. The white indicator is the starting point.

Oh, just a quick side note: Why is it that the "uiwaveform"-object has a limit of 16 cue points and 16 loop points? I am not much interested in more than 8 per clip, it's something I'm just curious about.
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Well I don't know the deep reason but I can imagine one use:

drumpads.

;)

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:24 am

The idea is to have a visual feedback on how many cue points I set on a specific track and sense their position with a blink of an eye. Of course this requires that those markers are visible in the "overview spectrum" as well. It's just sometimes that I open a track and don't remember what cue points I set on it and a visual feedback would help me to quickly remember the overall idea on that track: did I place most of the points in the beginning or the end, etc.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:11 pm

This feature will be added to an upcoming release of all Ms Pinky software... stand by ;-)
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Visible Cue Point Markers

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:58 am

Visible Cue Point Markers are now implemented in the external object "uiwaveform", and hence also in Maxi-Patch 3.7.5, and Pinky VST 2.1.

Each cue point that you specify in an audio file is now displayed as a grey vertical line in the waveform display at the location of the cue point, for easy reference.

Hope this does the trick ;-)
Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:26 pm

nice. thanks for that!