M4L Tempo/Ableton Sync

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
hahrt
M4L Tempo/Ableton Sync

Post by hahrt » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Very quick question, the answer of which I have probably looked over but forgotten:

Is there a way to sync the tempo/pitch/what-you-will of clips playing through the Ms. Pinky M4L device with Abletons tempo?

Again, I'm sure the answer is right under my nose.

Thanks.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:25 am

Through the Live API interface there are ways to sync Ableton BPM to things inside M4L + Ms Pinky. Definitely. But you will have to do a bit of basic algebra to get what I believe your desired results will be. Exercise left to the reader ;-))))
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:32 am

I'm waiting for musikmesse next month... I hope Serato release the BrITCH and new python remote scripts add to the related "midi remote surfaces" then I will take a look into these and come back to share the info.

Inside it we can find the info about ATC and some other things.

;)

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
hahrt

Post by hahrt » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:26 pm

Good call! I look forward to hearing about your findings :)
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:29 am

Meanwhile I'm using "pacifist" to check some itch ssl pkg and interesting things are found... in other hand Live logs shows some Bridge "magic" but doesn't useful for my skills (and legal actions).

Trought maxforlive it could be possible search inside Serato scripts (they are already inside the Live.app/content/blabla/remotescripts in pyc files (compiled)) but ready to max "get" and so on... :roll:

I love pointing fingers to the moon... There is anyone looking at it?

-m!

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms