exporting the audio waveform to a separate screen

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
marc
exporting the audio waveform to a separate screen

Post by marc » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:10 pm

Hello, so iv been patching away with ms pinky in max/msp and i would like to export a waveform of the audio track to a second screen.

Can anyone give a helping hand? i reckon this could either be one of the 2 existing waveforms or an additional new waveform.

I have tried adding a new waveform but i cant get them all to link up together and communicate accordingly. ie so when i drop a song in to a deck it doesn't show up in the external patcher window of the new waveform (so its displayed in the basic overview of the entire track and the zoomwaveform but not the new one)

I have tried copying the zoomwaveform and linking it up in the same way but cant get anything out of the new zoomwaveform (in an external window or even the same patcher window) what am i doing wrong?

anyone know an easy way of doing exporting the waveform to a second screen? also its displayed in a different colour i dont know if that has anything to do with it?

Thanks Marc
sec-def

Post by sec-def » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:07 pm

i wouldn't be of much help but let us know if menage this i'm sure many of us are interested.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:56 pm

The problem is that the default waveform color as set inside the "zoom_waveform" patch is black, and the default background color of the waveform object is also black. So black waveform on black background is invisible. To rectify this, you'll need to open the "zoom_waveform" patch and look inside the "color_selection" subpatch to find where the waveform color is being set and modify it so that it has something besides black as the default value. Or, you can modify the "cosmetic_preferences" subpatch in Maxi-Patch_AO/AV so that it also sets the waveform color for your additional waveform viewer patch.