file_position_out

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
Pamal
file_position_out

Post by Pamal » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:23 pm

Hi,

After years, I've just seen this option... (in the MPTCFS, it's good to come back here!)
This signal position is more accurate than the " msec_time" or the "msec_remainder" that I use actually to obtain for example a precise 'bang' at the beginning of the file.
One strange thing (or maybe I've missed something) : this value doesn't reset when the file loop; but does it if for example I turn on and off the loop option...
Is it possible to have this signal resetting with the start loop point?

thanks
Pamal
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:08 am

Try sending "file_position_out 1" message to mptcfs_sa~. This will enable a mode in which the current playback position of the currently played audio file will be sent out instead of the position signal. This will loop properly when the file playback loops back to the start. Should probably solve your problem.
Pamal

Post by Pamal » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Hi,

Yes, this is what I've tried before (as you explain in the MsPinky_MPTCFS), but the count only resets if I manually send a message "cue 0", or, but less precisely, when I turn on or off the file looping. If I don't do this, the count doesn't resets as if the file was this never-ending-sequence of loops.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:04 pm

Ahh, then that's a bug :cry:

What you could do for now is to turn off file loop mode (looped 0), and instead enable loop points (wrap_loop 1) and create a loop that extends the full length of the file (loop_start_end_fraction 0.0 1.0).
Pamal

Post by Pamal » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:35 am

ok..
It works good like this.
thanks. :D