cant save additional file paths HELP

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
hobo
cant save additional file paths HELP

Post by hobo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:59 pm

OK this is killing me.

If I point max to the right folder I get what I need ( Auto load highlighted via launchpad)

but the problem is I have to do this EVERY time I load a live set.

For some reason the new file path I add is not saved with the live set, and it reverts to the original "test" folder that I set when initially setting up.

So I'm stuck with one folder for everything, I can add a new file path to max which works for the duration of my Live session but as soon as I (save and) close Live I'm back to square 1. agonizingly setting thje path mannually again.

PLEASE HELP: being so close yet so far away for so long makes me want to jump out the window. and Im on the 4th floor.

Thanks

Hobo
hobo

Post by hobo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:35 pm

even tried deleting the original folder completely - it just reverts even after saving the Live set - WTF?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:07 pm

That's odd. This is definitely a bug to report to Cycling-'74 and/or Ableton.
hobo

Post by hobo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:32 pm

So I take it the correct/normal behaviour is for any new or additional Max file paths to be saved along with your Live set?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 am

The way I do it is to open Max/MSP and set the search paths there.
Under Options-->File Preferences...

Isn't that what you did? When I save the search paths in Max (not as part of an Ableton set... just using Max/MSP ) then they always retain their values between sessions.

If you're having problems with the Max search paths please also contact cycling-'74 support for this issue.