Auto load from one track in M4L

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
jakku
Auto load from one track in M4L

Post by jakku » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi there! First post, pleasure to be here!

Been using pinky in the most basic way, and just got auto load working today so having fun with that. I just have a question about using auto load...

'Auto load highlighted clips' auto loads any clip I highlight. Can it be changed to autoload only from one track? Is this functionality built in already, or is it something I'll have to code myself?

Thanks for the help!!
J
jakku

Post by jakku » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Anyone got any tips or info??
jakku

Post by jakku » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:03 pm

So, I'm gonna try and code this! If anyone is interested in helping, please let me know. I think it'd be a really useful feature, especially when using two turntables in one set, right??

Also, if anyone knows a really simple way to do this (it seems like it shouldn't be too complicated), please let me know!!

J
tsutek

Post by tsutek » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Sorry I cannot help much as my M4L chops are quite modest I'm afraid. But I think that there is a way to do what you want by utilizing the observers in the LiveAPI - It should be a matter of slightly modifying the existing "load highlighted clip" section of the M4L patch. Something like "what track am I on? ok, load selected clip only if its on the same track as me"..

I'm sure someone at the ableton & c74 forums could sort you out!
JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:26 am

Did you get things working?

The idea would be to set up a gate system that receives the name of the highlighted clip. Then make yourself a "load" button to load that highlighted clip into the Pinky device.

You could make a gating system that only passed a specific tracks highlighted clips.

let me know how it goes.
sec-def

Post by sec-def » Fri May 11, 2012 2:04 pm

my modified patch only loads clips from a specific track (set to it's track I think I even removed the option to change it) and I'm pretty sure I didn't code it that way I think it's a mr. sakitumi modification.
tsutek

Post by tsutek » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:48 pm

Yeah, I actually got around reading some documentation for a change :) You can accomplish this by setting your live.path to "this_device canonical_parent", which sets your 'track scope' to the same track your maxpatch is on... then proceed from there.

I actually managed to make a "hotswapping TC input function" into my Pinky patch using this tip with the LOM. Now I've got a deck that starts responding to TC when I arm the recording on that specific track, and when I disarm the rec, the deck reverts to autistic mode (but still grabs the last pitch fader value before going autistic). Good times!
greganato

Post by greganato » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:21 am

does anybody have a picture or the .amxd file that only loads stuff from one track? its pretty complicated I'm trying to figure it out but no luck so far :(
greganato

Post by greganato » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:30 pm

So I've modified the patch to only load from one track all by myself. no one wanted to help me i guess... i am having one big problem though.. the gate system works great for highlighting clips with your mouse. but as soon as you plugin a controller like the launchpad or ableton push and it actually launches the clip, the gate system doesn't work. does anyone know a way around this? like how to make push or the launchpad only highlight clips, not launch them from like 2 - 4 tracks and then actually perform normally for the other tracks?

maybe if someone explained to me how to implement setting your live.path to "this_device canonical_parent" because its not working for me.

here is my modified patch

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/917 ... ecter.amxd

and here is a pic

greganato

Post by greganato » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:23 am

so im a bit retarded on this whole live api stuff. i finally found out how to do this. i didn't realize or get the message that you could just combine mastahlee's patch and the new one for a "hybrid" patch. i was just about to start to try and re write the whole live api part of this patch. haha that would have been a lot of work going down that route.

anyways auto loading tracks like this shouldn't be slower than the regular way of autoloading right?

here is my new patch edit

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/917 ... ecter.amxd

or if you just want the cool wave form and cue/loop knobs

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/917 ... dited.amxd

greganato

Post by greganato » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:15 am