serious looping issues.

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
sec-def
serious looping issues.

Post by sec-def » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:29 pm

the m4l patch seems to have this one special very unclear algorithm in which you can loop a segment without crashing ableton.
can any one care to explain what it is? restoring a loop immediately shuts ableton down, I don't even a bug report request. and if I'm on the save toggle then once I have a loop it won't play it as a loop it will just be grayed out. then if toggle the "loop segment" button again ableton crashes.

if it's not clear why is this such a problem here it is in other words. I have a set on which I worked hours, I added the ms pinky m4l patch and now that set is completely useless because every time I open it-it crashes.
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi!
I don't know about the loop issue but if you want to restore the settings try to open the m4l patch from a new project and check it. It is impossible then try to open it from maxmsp directly (you could use full maxmsp through help patches when you hit the "edit" button).

I hope it helps!
-m!

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms