Sketchy absolute pos / speed

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
simonadcock
Sketchy absolute pos / speed

Post by simonadcock » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:14 am

Hello,

I seem to be having some trouble with the max patches. I've been using the Maxi-patch_AO standalone for a while now with no problems. I now want to use ms pinky in max/msp (I want luv) and have been looking at the example patches (mostly "MsPinky_absolute_mode"), but they seem to be giving weird readings.

MPTC~ gives a velocity reading of 1.5 instead of 1.0 and doesn't give out an absolute position value. Randomly I'll get an absolute reading, then mysteriously it'll stop again...

As far as I understand you just connect your stereo audio to the first two inlets of MPTC~. Then send it the "setting absolute" and "setting gen3" messages.

I'm using Win Max 4.5.4 which normally runs really well, as does the standalone Maxi-patch_AO program, it just seems to be the MsPinky patches (or more specifically the MPTC~ object) that I'm having trouble with.

Any suggestions? It seems odd that it gives a reading of exactly 1.5

Cheers,

Simon
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

delete all old externals, download the new

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:23 am

Hello Simon-

I'd suggest deleting from your machine all the instances of the MPTC~ external that you may have floating around. Sometimes an older version of an external may be found somewhere in Max's search path _before_ it finds the one you *intend* for Max to use. Just to be safe, search your harddrive for any and all versions of MPTC~. Delete them. Now download the latest ones I've posted. I've just double-checked to see if they work and I definitely get correct performance with Gen3 vinyl tracked by MPTC~ in Max 4.5.5 on WinXP. I'm pretty sure it will also work in Max 4.5.4 without any problem. You may also want to try the sample patch "MsPinky_MPTCFS" which shows how to use the MPTCFS~ external (basically an MPTC~ rolled together with an MPFS~) for vinyl-controlled audio playback. Actually both Maxi-Patch_AO and AV use the MPTCFS~ external.

I'm sure we can sort this one out without too much trouble :wink:

-DLP
simonadcock

Post by simonadcock » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:22 am

Cheers for the reply. That makes sense, I'll try that.

Really stupid question... Where do I download the latest MPTC~ ? I've been searching high and low, and in the little bits you normally don't look in, but I can't find 'em!

I must have got it before, or did it come on a cd? hmm...
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Download Information

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:07 pm

I'll provide you the download information in an email. We keep the download info on the "downlow", for members only, if you acquires my driff :wink: