Some problems with Max/MSP, Jitter & MsPinky

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
Vaal
Some problems with Max/MSP, Jitter & MsPinky

Post by Vaal » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:35 am

Hi there guys.

As a school project, i am working with the Pinky Vinyl and the MaxiPatch AV for some days. I use this on a Pentium 4 with 1024 MB RAM and a GeForce Ti4400 128MB graphics card. I use 1 turntable on the auxilary input of my Creative Audigy.

The problem is, when i launch the MaxiPatch, my CPU usage goes up to 90%!

Then, Max/MSP generates LOTS of fatal errors. I know this is not the Max/MSP troubleshoot area, but you guys might know it.

My teammember has exactly the same PC, and his Max/MSP just HANGS when the program loads up Jitter.

We both use the Trial edition of Max/MSP 4.5 and Jitter 1.5.2 with the .NET framework 1.1

Anyone familiar with this crap?

Cheers!
mr_pinky

Post by mr_pinky » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:07 pm

hey ,

similar problems..

ive just got ms pinky and when i load up the av patch MAX crashes and shuts down

no idea whatt to do

????
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Delete maxi-patch preferences files

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:54 pm

I think the problem is that somehow Maxi-Patch preferences files are getting corrupted....

So, find the folder called "Maxi-Patch_Prefs Files" and delete it. It should be in

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Cycling '74\.

I think this will solve the crash.

If not, also go into the folder where Maxi-Patch_AV.exe lives and find the files "maxi-patch.xml", "audio_folders", and "QT_folders" and delete them.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Don't forget to install QuickTime for WinXP

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:22 am

Another thing that could be causing Maxi-Patch to crash on startup is if you forgot to download and install the latest version of QuickTime for WinXP from:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Very important!!
Vaal

Post by Vaal » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:51 am

yeah, we use the "quicktime alternative", it's a directshow filter that does exactly the same as the real quicktime. We got it a bit more stable atm, but still alot of spontanous crashes occur.

When i use my "metro" object my CPU goes up to 100%, probably a bad instruction on the CPU.

Is there something known about MAX/MSP on the new Macbook?
Vaal

Post by Vaal » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:40 am

Now we have another problem. When i load up the MPTCFS~ patcher, my PC just hangs. I don't know what's going on with this machine, but i'm feeling like throwing this thing out of the window.

Please tell me it's a common problem dlpinkstah :D