External object help files ?

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
Mr_Munk
External object help files ?

Post by Mr_Munk » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:24 pm

:oops: I'm sure I'm being stupid, but are there help files that go with the externals somewhere for D/L? that's right I'm a Max/Msp Noob :D
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Ms Pinky's bad..

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:32 pm

Your question and your expectation of help files is completely reasonable.

The lack of normal "help files" is Ms Pinky's bad. But don't lose faith to soon.... there are three sample patches provided that illustrate the basic operation of the four Ms Pinky external objects (MPFT~, MPTC~, MPFS~, and MPTCFS~).

The names of the help files are "MsPinky_relative_mode", "MsPinky_absolute_mode", and "MsPinky_MPTCFS". These should all be found in the DL folders for the Max/MSP objects and patches. They illustrate all the inputs, outputs, and messages that the four external objects expect to give and receive. They may look a little confusing at first, but are actually quite simple and easy to use.
Mr_Munk

Post by Mr_Munk » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:39 am

:D Cheers mate
ATAK

Post by ATAK » Mon May 01, 2006 4:37 pm

If you want to make them pop up under the help command in max then you can re-name the appropriate patches with the .help extension and place them in the help file folder.

E.G. the MPFT~ max patch can be re-named MPFT~.help and when it is in the help folder it will pop open in the same way that the other help files do.

HTH

ATAK