Random video option with jitter and ms pinky

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
cubus
Random video option with jitter and ms pinky

Post by cubus » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:47 pm

Hi there

I'm very close to pitching an art project in which I want to use ms pinky and max.

On one video channel I would like to have a set of video samples that should play at random order (the random function being of such kind that it plays each clip in the set before changing the order at random)

and on the other channel a video should just run in absolute mode.

Also if possible, the random reorganizing should be triggered by skipping with the needle to another position.

These should be rather easy tasks from a programming point of view, but is it possible with the ms pinky pluggo? can you combine all the functions of jitter and max with it so this could work?

I have no experience with max, only an idea of its possibilities, so if this can work I'm gonna buy ms pinky vinyls and max and start working, but if it's rather tricky or impossible -- I be f :oops: kd' pitching it.

So I be glad if someone could tell me it works or doesn't.

thanks in advance
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

go for it.

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:05 am

The standalone Ms Pinky applications themselves won't do these things, but you could certainly use Max/MSP/Jitter to program your own patch that would do this.

Also-- to clarify: Pinky Pluggo is an audio-only VST/AudioUnit Plug In. It doesn't know anything about Video..
ben hustis

Post by ben hustis » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:18 pm

in max (with jitter) use an ubumenu. have it load a directory of files and then send out the number of populated files to a random... then kick the random back to the ubumenu whenever you want to load a random clip.

if this needs better explaining, let me know.