some newbie help and advice please ?

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
joe90
some newbie help and advice please ?

Post by joe90 » Sun May 07, 2006 4:32 pm

Hi,

Ive just bought ms pinky and have spent the last couple of days trying to get my head around the possibilities..

One of my main initial aims is getting mspinky to control various effects within ableton (at the same time as the audio) - i saw this mention on the pinky website so it seems to be possible.

Problem is that while im pretty handy at standard audio software( such as ableton), DSP & audio programming is way out of my league... im hoping i can build a basic MSP patch that allows me to map pinky movements to send midi CC data ( parallel to the standard pink signals) back into ableton (i guess using midijoke or plogue etc) , where i can then use the midi learn function to map this to various effects etc....i suspect its farily simple if you know what your doing in MSP.

Ive already downloaded the demo of MSP, and read the start of the manual before realising that im completely out of my depth in this area.

anyone have any tips, or patches that would help me get going without months of studying MSP ( which i'd love to do, but have other projects which take precedence )

appreciate any help anyone can offer !

cheers

joe