error: mptcfs_sa~: No such object....?

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
cantgetnosleep
error: mptcfs_sa~: No such object....?

Post by cantgetnosleep » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:57 pm

Hello,

I'm running Max/MSP 4.6 on an Mac Intel computer with OSX 10.4.7 (with the combo update installed). I downloaded the latest version of Maxi-Patch, 3.6.4, from the website and am trying to get it working in Max/MSP. When I load the audio only patch, I recieve the following output in the Max window:

coll: no file BatchFolders

error: mptcfs_sa~ : No such object

coll: no file SoundFolders

coll: finished, 1 lines

I can drag and drop files into the file selector box, and select the files, but the waveform is never shown in the FileScratch patch box.

Any ideas? What is the mptcfs_sa~ object? I noticed there is an external named 'mptcfs', but not 'mptcfs_sa', do I just need to change the name in the patch to 'mptcfs'?

Thanks - Andrew
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

change object name to mptcfs~

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:17 pm

Hi Andrew,

I apologize for the confusion. Yes, you should just go into the patches and change the object named "mptcfs_sa~" to "mptcfs~". The "mptcfs_sa~" object is a special version I use for building the standalones. I will include it in the downloads folder later....

-DLP
cantgetnosleep

Post by cantgetnosleep » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:22 pm

Where else is it located, except the FileScratch Patch? I changed the name there, and it got rid of two of the errors, but I can't find the third reference? Also, any ideas why the waveforms aren't loading?

Thanks - andrew
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:25 pm

The third instance of the "mptcfs_sa~" is located in the Batch_Waveform_Calculator patch in the "work in progress" folder.

Read the "Quick_Start.pdf" file that comes with Maxi-Patch downloads to know about the waveform issue...
cantgetnosleep

Post by cantgetnosleep » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:30 pm

Got it, and Duh! on the waveform caculation. Thanks - andrew
cantgetnosleep

Post by cantgetnosleep » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:44 pm

Actually though, it's still not working. When I shift click, it dispays the 'calculating waveform data...' and scrolls all the way across, but when it finishes, it just stops and never displays the waveform. If I try and load a file with a waveform already calculated, it is not displayed either. I loaded the stand alone version, and it works fine, which is how I calculated the waveform files.

Andrew