itunes library in maxi patch?

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
for[e]sight
itunes library in maxi patch?

Post by for[e]sight » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:37 pm

ok i know the iTunes library gets its data from an XML file. how hard would it be to code something in Max/MSP to create a GUI similar to Maxi Patch, but with a searchable iTunes library below the decks?

i'm still quite new to Max/MSP so i'd like some ideas, if any.

thanks! :wink:
elwood

Post by elwood » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:50 pm

I know that you can drag files from the iTunes interface into other applications, including the Finder (Explorer in Windows). Have you tried just dragging and dropping files from iTunes directly?

I'm at work, otherwise I'd give a try myself.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

drag 'n drop str8 from iTunes

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:14 pm

The Max "dropfile" object will accept drags from iTunes on both Mac & PC. Though it's not really the most convenient thing in the world to do, you can drag tracks from iTunes str8 onto the dropfile object in Max. Since dropfile is what surrounds both the audio and video file player regions in Maxi-patch, Maxi-Patch (AO or AV) is already set up to do this.
for[e]sight

Post by for[e]sight » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:27 am

sorry if i wasnt clear.

I know about the drag & drop feature from iTunes n Finder and it works great so far, but its annoying that i need to keep iTunes open in the background in order to search for songs etc. Plus the drop-down ubumenu for selecting songs isn't quite the best in Maxi-Patch, as the songnames are truncated. not the most ideal when i have huge folders of singles.

I was just wondering if there was a way to implement the iTunes library directly inside Maxi-Patch or BinkyToy. and if it is possible to create a searchable library within the 'modified' Maxi-Patch or BinkyToy application.