mspinky-calibration

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
marleynoe
mspinky-calibration

Post by marleynoe » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:22 pm

Hi everybody,

I was wondering, if anybody attempted to build one of these nice calibration-GUIs some of the commercial products offer in MaxMSP, like using scope-like graphical representations as in FS2, or the "scope-view" in Serato. (www.stantondj.com/v2/fs/pdf/fs2_manual_ger.pdf, http://rane.com/pdf/sslman163.pdf)

I tried using two scope~ objects for signal comparison of average amplitude and phase of the mspinky-vinyl-signal with sine oscillators (cycle~s), -not knowing the mspinky-signal... which is not quite the thing I want ...

maybe a way would be to have a "proper" clean recording of the mspinky-vinyl-signal in a loop (displayed in a scope~ as a steady circle or sth.), and overlaying this (comparing) with the actual mspinky-vinyl-signal input from the turntable (adc~s) in another color. (or just using two scope~s)... -> in a second step one could think of normalisation features (the computer could adjust the differences)...

any help or suggestions greatly appreciated... ;-)

Cheers,
m