Can't install Maxi Patch/Pluggo

For topics related to using MsPinky inside the Max/MSP graphical programming environment
no_half_steppin
Can't install Maxi Patch/Pluggo

Post by no_half_steppin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:56 pm

So I purchased Ms Pinky today and downloaded the software onto my computer. I am pretty sure I got the pluggo installed correctly, I copied and pasted the dll. file into the VTS under my programs in the correct folder, but when I attempted to install the rest of the programs following the directions the install program would cancel.

I was following the quick set up guide and installing the AO version of the patch. I ran out of time because I had to leave for work so that was about as far as I got. Is there a step I missed or something else I need to do first?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:29 pm

In order to help you we need a complete description of your setup:

(1) make and model of your computer (CPU speed, RAM, etc...),
(2) make and model of soundcard,
(3) make and model of turntables (and what phono cartridges, etc),
(4) make and model of mixer,
(5) MOST IMPORTANT: HOW ALL COMPONENTS OF YOUR SYSTEM ARE INTERCONNECTED.

If you don't provide a full description of your system when writing to us, there is very little we can do to help you.
no_half_steppin

Post by no_half_steppin » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:40 pm

dlpinkstah wrote:In order to help you we need a complete description of your setup:

(1) make and model of your computer (CPU speed, RAM, etc...),
(2) make and model of soundcard,
(3) make and model of turntables (and what phono cartridges, etc),
(4) make and model of mixer,
(5) MOST IMPORTANT: HOW ALL COMPONENTS OF YOUR SYSTEM ARE INTERCONNECTED.

If you don't provide a full description of your system when writing to us, there is very little we can do to help you.
Well I think I figured it out last night. So now I am just waiting for the actual hardware "Ms Pinky" and the rest that comes with it to show up. I was able to download and load the AO software.

The only problem I am having now is trying to drag and drop MP3s onto the AO Maxi Patch. But I think that may only be due to the fact that I do not have a sound converter and the MS Pinky hardware set up to my laptop and turntables.

But here is my entire set up.

I have a simple DJ in a box set up (still learning) Numark TT610 Turntables. Numark DM950 Mixer and a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 with a 1.7 Intel Dual Core Processor 1GB of RAM, 120GB HD running Windows Vista Premium.

Thanks for all the help so far.